Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I have yet to find one person who doesn't get a cover for their tablet.
    For my pre, galaxy tab 7 and eee pad, i only put on screen protectors, i also put on screen protectors on the back of my two tablets.

I like the natural beauty of these things, a case is just not my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I thought this thread was about build quality, not fashion. Even if it was about fashion, the back of the device would be the equivalent of underwear. Unless you are wearing something revealing or you are in the emergency room (as my mom would warn me) no one will see your underwear.
    Yeah, my post on the matte finish wasnt about looks, it was about adding an element that would have increased the structural integrity of the device & would have mitigated the hairline fracturing of the plastic...or at least shielded it from view.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    For my pre, galaxy tab 7 and eee pad, i only put on screen protectors, i also put on screen protectors on the back of my two tablets.

I can understand that. I'm that way about cars now. I used to tweak the outside of them a lot when I was younger, but now I buy cars that I don't have to make too many changes to. However, I think we have to be practical with our criticisms of things. Criticizing HP about something the most people will never see is not very practical. Maybe just saying that you would have liked to see it with a matted finish or in a different color is more practical then saying HP screwed up because it is totally not to your liking?

Oops! Combined both clevin and steffej3 posts into one.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I just discovered a crack on my case today. It's between one of the speakers and the screen. I've been extremely careful on how I've been handling it and never dropped it.

I got mine on July 1st and will be visiting Walmart to replace it.
    lucky... just in that 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I just discovered a crack on my case today. It's between one of the speakers and the screen. I've been extremely careful on how I've been handling it and never dropped it.

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    lucky... just in that 30 days.
    *$(#@&.... didn't see the print at the bottom of the receipt. Walmart apparently has a 15 day window even for defective returns. Gotta deal with red tape at HP now.
    *$(#@&.... didn't see the print at the bottom of the receipt. Walmart apparently has a 15 day window even for defective returns. Gotta deal with red tape at HP now.
    !! Wow that's news to me. Sorry to hear that.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    geez that sucks. when did companies start doing 15 day windows and such. good luck

BestBuy does a 14 day window. Hobbz, hope you have at least $365 left on your credit card limit. HP will send you another one literally on your doorstep the next business day but they require a $365 deposit so you want be tempted to keep both of them. Once you return your broken one they will give you the money back. Good luck!

Good luck. Wal-Mart apparently only has a 15 day return policy on these. You'll have to work with HP. Don't worry, they'll have one to you in less than 24 hours, at least they did for me.

*Edit* Oops, should have kept reading. It's already been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

+1. My Pixi goes naked. Putting a case on these devices is silly to me for two reasons: First, one of the main selling points of a tablet (or phone) is how light and portable it is. Second, the shell of a device is there to protect the innards, and should be able to stand up to daily usage on its own. I shouldn't have to protect the shell that's protecting the innards. It drives me nuts that my partner puts a wrap-around case on her EVO. The back of the EVO is a huge plastic battery door. It's a friggin' piece of plastic! It doesn't need to be protected by another piece of plastic.

I would definitely want a tablet that could stand up to daily use--without a case--without fear of cracking. TP ain't it, sorry.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    to each their own -- i hate scratches -- i like my things to look first day fresh. if i get a scratch on my 600 dollar tablet or my 500 dollar phone i want to peel off the plastic skin and have it look no worse for the wear. I have always put a screen protector on every phone i have had for decades. My son does not feel this is neccessary and the screen on his phone looks like it has been through a meteor shower but does not bother him -- like i say to each their own --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    After reading the articel about the crack and this forum entry, I searched my Touchpad for these. And guess what, I also found a tiny crack near the speaker (as shown on the pictures in the articel). I received my touchpad on June 26th, so be one of the first.
    So I fired up the chat app for the support. After 10 min, they told me to replace the device. I had to call the hotline to start this. Just did it and HP will ship me a new one in replacement. I have 14 days to send back my old one.
    That is really cool. Replacement without any problems. OK would be better if this crack did not happen, but how cares, as long as it gets replaced. And due to the backup features (which I love) it will take just 5min to set up my new device.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Ok I have the worst luck in the world. 3rd Touchpad, 3rd crack! this one happened within 2 days of replacement. The best buy i go to must just have a bad batch of these things or something.
    HP/Palm Multiple Return Deja Vu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Ok I have the worst luck in the world. 3rd Touchpad, 3rd crack! this one happened within 2 days of replacement. The best buy i go to must just have a bad batch of these things or something.
    I don't think it's the batch, I think it's the whole production. They will have to engineer something different in a later revision, imo.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    HP/Palm Multiple Return Deja Vu!
    I have my original palm pre without even a single return. What are the odds? That remains perfect(well it has the side crack from the usb door now, but its 2+ years old), and this TP in first month of owning has gone through 3 replacements.
    I still have my original as well... crack has now followed edge to bottom of screen.

Never returned it but plenty did.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Going back to best buy now. If it happens again I will have HP send me one. I was trying to avoid getting a refurb, but seems that all the TPs out in the wild have potential for the problem, and only new batches from production have the fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Going back to best buy now. If it happens again I will have HP send me one. I was trying to avoid getting a refurb, but seems that all the TPs out in the wild have potential for the problem, and only new batches from production have the fix.
    What leads you to believe a fix has been implemented? Unless there's solid info to the contrary, I'd be very surprised if any hardware changes were made this soon.