Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By observator
  1.    #1  
    if I try download an mp3 off the internet it just streams it so how do I download a song it says something in the help app but it doesn't say much
  2. #2  
    I wish I knew. I've been trying to get my Pre to download mp3 files ever since I got it. It always streams, just like you've experienced.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by splee1234 View Post
    if I try download an mp3 off the internet it just streams it so how do I download a song it says something in the help app but it doesn't say much
    Yeah, this is a problem. If you long press on an mp3 or stream link on the playbook, it will give you the option to save the file rather than default to streaming it. After which you can simply use the device's native media player. I view this as a critical over sight and should be patched ASAP; especially on a device that purports a "full web experience."
  4. #4  
    "critical oversight"?
  5. #5  
    hopefully the patch called multimode I think comes over from the phones to the touchpad allowing you this option.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    "critical oversight"?
    Not system crashing critical. But critical in the same sense that when you take step you expect your leg to work without question; and your like "***" when it doesn't. If I were on the dev team it would be among my list of things to fix asap.

    When I long press on a media (even a PDF or what have you) file, I expect to be given an option to download said file; not simply stream it or open with default program. Seems like a silly thing to miss these days. Besides, the long press is meant to replicate the functions of a right click, in most cases. It's just something that feels like it should be there and when it wasn't I said "***?" It can only add to the appeal of webos to include this function.
  7. #7  
    Your problems is finished!!!

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    jahjahlove and dj ozone like this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Your problems is finished!!!

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html

    Best Regards...
    Yep, I saw that. It's good but eventually I'd want this native so "common users" who aren't prone to tweaking or even interested in tweaking don't need to do so. The more user friendly and convenient webos 3 is via it's native functions, the better it will do in the long run.
    dj ozone likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Your problems is finished!!!

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html


    Best Regards...
    I tell you what, is the webOS homebrew community the best or what?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I wish I knew. I've been trying to get my Pre to download mp3 files ever since I got it. It always streams, just like you've experienced.
    Get the MultiMode patch from Preware and you will be able to download mp3s directly to your Pre...one of the best patches out there!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Yep, I saw that. It's good but eventually I'd want this native so "common users" who aren't prone to tweaking or even interested in tweaking don't need to do so. The more user friendly and convenient webos 3 is via it's native functions, the better it will do in the long run.
    Well, have to begun in some place! First, comes the idea... second, comes the patch... third, gonna be native (!)!!

    As New Kids On The Block told: "-Step by step!"


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)

Posting Permissions