Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By greenoyster
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure why this is happening but i cant seem to get my Yahoo account to work. I had it working for the first week and then lately it just stopped working. I removed the account and now every time i try to re-add it it tells me that my logging credentials are incorrect. though i have checked many times and they are not incorrect. i can even log in with the same info in the browser on the Touchpad.

anyone else have any issues like this or have any ideas how to fix it?
    This is an issue with Yahoo (AT&T) and has been whacked for a while now. It may seem great for a while (weeks/months) and then just spaz out and not work. I have an SBC(Yahoo)/AT&T account and getting it to work consistently has been like trying to house-train a duck. It isn't anything to do with webOS, but an issue with their system that's been reported on multiple platforms (Google it). It drove me nuts for a long time until I saw it wasn't just me.
    ^^ what he said... It's not you, it's Yahoo. I've also experience the same issues, where suddenly it just won't accept my password and says that it's incorrect. Usually, the problem goes away after a few hours for me. It's annoying.
    my Yahoo account has been doing the same thing. It seems to be getting a bit better as of late.
    BTW... it's been an issue with my Pre- since the beginning, and now my Pre2 and TouchPad. Anything AT&T gets their mitts on seems to get jacked up at some point. <sigh>
  6.    #6  
    ya, i remember having issues like this in the pas ton my pre- also, but it was never this bad. I'm literally locked out and cant get back in within the touchpad email app. i can log in through browser, on my pre-, and on my computer just fine, but the touchpad wont have it.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    my Yahoo mail has been a problem on my Pre 2 the last week or two but fine on the TouchPad. I hate inconsistent behavior like that, but I guess having it work on one device is better than none!
    You could try going to Yahoo mail in the browser, and open your account settings via the "Hello <your name>" menu. Go to "Manage Apps and Website Connections" and try removing Palm Synergy and related from the list of apps. And then sign in again on your Pre/Touchpad.

If that doesn't work ... just gotta wait it out I guess.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    You could try going to Yahoo mail in the browser, and open your account settings via the "Hello <your name>" menu. Go to "Manage Apps and Website Connections" and try removing Palm Synergy and related from the list of apps. And then sign in again on your Pre/Touchpad.

If that doesn't work ... just gotta wait it out I guess.
    this worked instantly!!!!!!!!

thanks so much!
  10.    #10  
    :-( I turned off my touchpad, went to sleep, woke up, turned it on, and its acting the same again.
  11.    #11  
    now its working again. I see wht you guys are saying... Thats frustrating.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well that seems to be a wide spread issue.
    I had no problem at first with an occasional blip with the credentials being asked again, but now (after doctoring) I get the 1299 error consistently.
    Tried everything that's been suggested but no luck.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Well that seems to be a wide spread issue.
    I had no problem at first with an occasional blip with the credentials being asked again, but now (after doctoring) I get the 1299 error consistently.
    Tried everything that's been suggested but no luck.
    I am having the same issue. Just got my Touchpad yesterday. Havent been able to get Yahoo email or IM to connect. Similar issue has been going on with my Veer for a few weeks. But I am also having issues in YahooBeta where half of the time it wont open an email on the first go. I think Yahoo is working with HP on losing long-term supporters.
    Sadly, I just got hit with this bug, today. Works on my Veer and TouchPad, not on my Pre2. :-(
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    So, has anyone figured out this error: "unspecified error: 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commans/authyahoo comman.cpp:182" ???

Please help. I have a launch day pre minus, on sprint, doctored months and months ago to 2.1.0, UberKernal overclocked to 1000/500, mult patches. This just started happening last week or two. I had made no recent changes to phone. Then that error started popping up.

1-I've removed, then re-added yahoo account.
    2-I've removed, then rebooted, then re-added. I've removed, then deleted browser cookie, then rebooted, then re-added.
    3-I've removed, then deleted browser cookies, then using PC gone to acct settings and removed all palm permissions, then rebooted, then re-deleted cookies, then re-added yahoo account....and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

TIA. I posted this here(though technically not the correct forum, but seems like this is happening here as well), also posted in webos synchron/synergy threads.