Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
Like Tree83Likes
  1. ricomann's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #61  
    here's the review I saw on amazon I like best. there are 48 reviews in so far and 4.5 out of 5 stars across the board... I love it.

    I also experience laggy, crubmy performance and will from any webos device that is newly powered up for the first time. sync takes tons of resources... just how it is. it's like a hot rod, the engine has to break in before you punch it full throttle!

    Amazon.com: D. Higgins "Code Farmer"'s review of HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Co...
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    ...WebOS is one week old...
    I have a bone to pic with this notion that we need to cut webOS 3.0 some slack because it's a brand new OS becuase of how much of it was re-written for enyo.

    It's called 3.0 for a reason. webOS is infact over 2 years old. It's not a brand new OS. They re-wrote some parts of it. That's a far cry from building it from the ground up all over again.

    Old apps still work and can be made to run in full screen with just a small line of code. (look at the webOS internals apps. Most have not been converted to enyo, but they run in full-screen now.)

    It builds on what they have in 2.1. Things that were a problem before are a problem now: text input, memory leaks.

    It has just type, exhibition, javascript services, enhanced synergy with ability to add 3rd party synergy sources through the app catalog. All these were added to 2.0 and 2.1 and they are in webOS 3.0 ... do you really think all of this was re-built from he ground up? I hope not.

    Calling it a new OS is just making up excuses for HP to continue to disappoint us a hold webOS back from where it should be now considering the vast resources HP has at it's disposal..
  3. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #63  
    This is a discussion board where every person can talk about the positives and the negatives. Show me the rules where it says there can be no talk about frusterations with a device. I see many similarities between this forum and the Crackberry one. If you truly cared about this platform then you would look at the competition and look for those same features in WebOS.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/14/2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted text
  4. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I have a bone to pic with this notion that we need to cut webOS 3.0 some slack because it's a brand new OS becuase of how much of it was re-written for enyo.

    It's called 3.0 for a reason. webOS is infact over 2 years old. It's not a brand new OS. They re-wrote some parts of it. That's a far cry from building it from the ground up all over again.

    Old apps still work and can be made to run in full screen with just a small line of code. (look at the webOS internals apps. Most have not been converted to enyo, but they run in full-screen now.)

    It builds on what they have in 2.1. Things that were a problem before are a problem now: text input, memory leaks.

    It has just type, exhibition, javascript services, enhanced synergy with ability to add 3rd party synergy sources through the app catalog. All these were added to 2.0 and 2.1 and they are in webOS 3.0 ... do you really think all of this was re-built from he ground up? I hope not.

    Calling it a new OS is just making up excuses for HP to continue to disappoint us a hold webOS back from where it should be now considering the vast resources HP has at it's disposal..
    Wholly agree, if homebrew can improve performance why can't HP? Two yrs after initial release performance should not be an issue. I used an iphone 3g 2 yrs ago and it's performance was only slightly better than webOS. Now iOS4 is light yrs ahead in terms of performance. I suspect this is why Rubenstein was demoted
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    SnotBoogie,

    No one is asking you to go on a crusade about a device you don't even own and didn't like. What good would your review be even if you liked the device? You could not speak from the experience gained by owning one.

    Well i wouldn't do it even if i had bought it. the op is like go to sites and make reviews to fight back against bad ones. "We also need to post our reviews of the product on some of the tech sites, like Cnet, or on the store's website that we purchased the device at." Not a chance.

    But the opinions of those that decided not to purchase a device have merit too because they did so for a reason. You don't need to buy a device to have a valid opinion. If you value a 4 inch screen and not carrying a dongle you don't need to buy a Veer to know it doesn't meet your needs. If you want a physical keyboard you don't need to buy an iphone and use it for 2 months to realize it doesn't fit you're needs. It got bad reviews You just don't want to hear it. I just wouldn't care. If i like it i'd use it.

    I just don't care about these consumer product zealot fights. They spoke bad about something you like and you take it personally.

    HP has acknowledged issues mentioned in reviews, like lag and responsiveness. you just don't like it. When the company that makes the device acknowledges problems it's not the reviewers fault.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 07/14/2011 at 03:10 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  6. mah127's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    False. This is a discussion board where every person can talk about the positives and the negatives. Show me the rules where it says there can be no talk about frusterations with a device. I see many similarities between this forum and the Crackberry one. If you truly cared about this platform then you would look at the competition and look for those same features in WebOS.
    I like a good debate as much as everyone else, but really, I had to reread this post. How would you seriously like WebOS supporters to proceed with this?

    I've already read/heard many times the WebOS is only trying to "keep up" or "copy" other OSs. (The Bell rep who I bought my pre- from actually told me that it was a copy of the iPhone 4.) It doesn't matter who is saying it, the fact is, the perception is out there. Are you really suggesting that HP and WebOS supporters really adopt this as an actual strategy?

    In the meantime, HP tries to differentiate the TP by putting in all the features that make WebOS truly original, and then regularly gets dissed for it. "It's too big. It's too heavy. It's too slow. There aren't enough apps."

    On an aside. here's my personal opinion about the apps I can find on my wife's iPhone.

    1. How many apps are there from companies so consumers can see their websites on the iPad. TP can do it natively with flash. Who cares about those apps?

    2. Fart apps. YAY!!!! Who the flying **** really cares about those apps?

    3. Game apps. Really? I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've found that playing games on a 3.5-4" screen would be preferable. Not everyone cares about games.

    4. Soundboard apps. Umm. Yeah.

    5. Out of the hundred's of thousands of apps available, how many do you really install? It's like cable. Why brag that you have that many channels if most of them are shyte?

    Back to the problem at hand. Push too hard to get the same features as the competition and forever be labeled as the "copy," or actually try to go a different route and forever be the "failure." I think many supporters are just tired hearing the number of reasons why people shouldn't get the TP from reviewers in the absence of the reasons why they should.

    PS I remember on one review, it discussed the processor and memory specs of both the iPad and TP, with the TP clearly having the advantage, and declaring the iPad the winner in this category. I think this is the kind of "bias" TP supporters are complaining about.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    False. This is a discussion board where every person can talk about the positives and the negatives. Show me the rules where it says there can be no talk about frusterations with a device. I see many similarities between this forum and the Crackberry one. If you truly cared about this platform then you would look at the competition and look for those same features in WebOS.
    There are reasons there are similarities between PreCentral and Crackberry. We are all a part of the Smartphone Experts family. I'm not sure what you mean by your comment.

    All members are welcome to post about positives and negatives, but we we all agreed to follow the forum guidelines which include:

    Personal Attacks - Constructive discussions are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move on to another thread.
    Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling. This is not a debate site. It's a user-to-user support community about webOS and trolling will not be permitted.


    So let's keep it civil, constructive, and on topic. And stop with the personal comments, please.
    doctj likes this.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    I don't agree that positive reviews are from *******, in fact the lower reviews are from self professed webos users. Several of the most enthusiastic are from 1st time webOS users.
    They are hardly blind fans if capable of saying it is an inferior product. By the way, I don't think this a 5/10 device, I think most reviews are right, the Touchpad is a 7 device while the iPad 2 is a 8.5/9 device. If the software wasn't plagged of problems, the Touchpad would've been an easy 8 (if it were priced lower it would be around an 8, even its current state).

    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Regarding multitasking, it's the most positively reviewed aspect in the reviews and is the most important feature that distinguishes a tablet from a toy to a productive device.
    No, this is simply false. The iPad 2 is much more of a productive device, look, people is editing video and audio on the iPad 2. Also, iWork is fairly good. The Apps are what make a tablet a productive device. The GUI for multitasking is great, don't get me wrong (the best, alongside RIM QNX).

    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    The TP is a gen 1 device which can be successful, if HP carries out promised bug fixes. The fact that Rubes been replaced means that HP is serious about this platform.
    Consumers don't care if its 1 gen, or 8 gen. One has to wonder if HP is really going to fix those problem with the OTA. Hopefully.
  9.    #69  
    bevcraw, sent you a PM.
  10. #70  
    This thread has drifted away from what I believe the OP intended and has run its course. Time to close it down.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions