Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jsabo
  1.    #1  
    I email from my gmail account but need not only the return address to show xcvf@diffaddy.com but the actual FROM area to show that same address. Any ideas?
    Isn't there a reply to address in the account setup? Could that be used?
    when creating a new email, the From line has a drop-down menu arrow on the far right.

tap and select your From email account address
    I see pandas.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    when creating a new email, the From line has a drop-down menu arrow on the far right.

tap and select your From email account address
    Damn, I knew I didnt explain my situation enough....... Thanks for the replies so far!

My work email that I want to set as the FROM in both areas is a forwarding only account, therefore it is not in my email touchpad anywhere to choose that option.

Any more ideas?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Even if it's forward-only, set it up as another account on your TP, then set it to never download email. Then when you reply, choose to use that account.

You may need to manually set up the account to use a different outgoing SMTP server, but it will let you put the desired reply address on the outgoing message.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Even if it's forward-only, set it up as another account on your TP, then set it to never download email. Then when you reply, choose to use that account.

You may need to manually set up the account to use a different outgoing SMTP server, but it will let you put the desired reply address on the outgoing message.
    Exactly what I was going to suggest - but you beat me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post

That's exactly what I do on my pre2.. Also unstar it so its not in favorites

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Isn't there a reply to address in the account setup? Could that be used?
    I have a touchpad with latest updates. I am using a Gmail account via IMAP which downloads Roadrunner email via POP3. I want to send and reply to emails in this Gmail account with the outgoing address (reply to address) to be the Roadrunner account. I set this up using the "reply-to address" field.

When I launch an email from the Gmail account, either a reply or new, the outgoing email says it is from Gmail, not roadrunner. The person receiving the email sees it as being from Gmail, not Roadrunner. It appears the "reply-to address" field does nothing.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Alternatively -- I set up the roadrunner account as suggested, and sure enough when I launch a new email from Gmail there is a drop down menu that contains the Roadrunner account and I can choose that one. However, Gmail is the default here. Is there a way to make Roadrunner the default here? I really can't see having to select Roadrunner each time I send an email.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.