Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are both using the same profile?'same app I'D?

if it tries to bill you, stop and open a chat session with palm. Hopefully have your email receipt
    Gonna try in the morning. Same palm profile. Same app I'd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I called the butler service and the rep said they are aware of the issue when signing in with the same profile on webOS 3.0.2 and then signing into a lower version of webOS after a full erase, the apps downloaded/purchase will not restore. The only fix is to install them one by one until HP devs get a fix out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    I called the butler service and the rep said they are aware of the issue when signing in with the same profile on webOS 3.0.2 and then signing into a lower version of webOS after a full erase, the apps downloaded/purchase will not restore. The only fix is to install them one by one until HP devs get a fix out.
    Just to update a little on all of this.

Today I did away with my 2.1 version on my Pre-, and went back to 1.4.5

None of my apps were automatically restored.

However, those that are still in the catalog are downloadable for free. They show with a price tag, but when I click on them, I see "Download for free" on all of those I had to pay for.

Yep, it's a pain. I've bought a lot of apps, and not sure I'll remember them all; however, it's not quite the "all is lost" that seemed to be portrayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    However, those that are still in the catalog are downloadable for free. They show with a price tag, but when I click on them, I see "Download for free" on all of those I had to pay for.
    This is the same I have seen when buying an app on one device (Veer or TP) then downloading the to the other. Just in case anyone is wondering.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This is the same I have seen when buying an app on one device (Veer or TP) then downloading the to the other. Just in case anyone is wondering.
    Before, when I doctored, everything automatically downloaded. I really didn't like that, as I probably delted 40% of what I'd downloaded, and then I would have to delete them again (after waiting for them all to come).

Somtimes, I'd go in and pause those I didn't want, but then found I couldn't delete them until they were actually downloaded.

In spite of not knowing for shure what I've already paid for, and thus missing some, I think I like this better. As I use the device, I begin to remember apps I had before but don't now. I go out to the catalog, and there they are, waiting for me.
    within 2 week going from pre to veer, the getting the TP, I am still trying to figure out what's missing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Nothing happens, another device is just listed as acetive on the profile. This works for a phone a tablet, but not 2 phones.

Most apps will transfer, if they have been approved to run on the TouchPad. Some apps don't move over though, but most do. These will run in a emulation mode.

Nothing on the phone will erase. If you have a stock Pre (not running webOS 2.X), then SMS will not forward, but calls do. Also, any saved SMS will not transfer unless you use a utility lie Save/Restore.

Anything that uses Synergy is synced. As for app buying, I am not sure, but going by all the apps that moved over and are on both my phone and TP, I am assuming yes.

No problem, that is what the community is here for. Happy webOSing.

-------

If you found this helpful, please click "Thanks".
    Are there still "issuses" using the same Palm Profile simulataneously on a Sprint Pre 1.4.5 and Touchpad? I am getting the TP next week and don't want "corrupt" the Pre. Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Can you sync arcoss the profile from device to device? Meaning if I add a contact on my Pre+ will that contact later be added to the Touchpad? Or is this just a onetime intital sync?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have a pre + and tp, I logged in to my profile on my tp without issue, my veer should be here tomorrow, can I log in the same profile on that too just as I did with the tp? If not how should I handle this. I will have one phone with sim card and the other use with wifi. I appreciate any comments...Thank you
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123