1.    #1  
    I am probably going to pick up a touchpad today. After research, I found that bestbuy sent me a 10% coupon for any product for my b-day. I also have 60 dollars in reward zone cards i can print out. If I get a 32 gig model, I can get an additional 50 off via rebate because I am a pre early adopter.

So that means
    32G = 599 - 59 - 60 - 50 - 20 = 410 dollars

16G = 499 - 49 - 60 - 10 = 380 dollars

Price difference in negligible I know, but is there an actual reason I need 32 gigs? What are people actually using the extra space for? To be honest, I am pretty cheap and if I have no real actual use for that extra 30 dollars I probably won't spend it.

Can anyone provide advice?
    Say you decide to go camping in an area that doesn't have cell signal, (as is the case where I usually go). I haven't used mp4 format, but from what I just looked up, you're looking at approx 1GB size. So say you want to watch 1 movie per night...or if you have kids, 2...one with them and one without....you just ate up 7/14 GB right there. You haven't added music/apps/pictures/etc so if you go with the 16GB, I would think you would be getting cramped for space.

For an extra $30.....even being as cheap as you say you are, I don't think you'd be wasting your money.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    $30 for double storage? Run, don't walk, to the 32GB
    you know what "they" say... in life, you can never:

have too much money

be too thin

have too much memory

have too much storage

have a fast enough CPU
    Some time ago I bought a 20 Megabyte Harddrive for my PC and thought I will never need more space. Recendly I bought a 600Gigabyte for my MacBook.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    why would you want to watch a movie if your camping?? Turn off the TV people and enjoy life!! (sorry about the rant)

--- and yes, i'd recommend spending the 30 bucks for the extra memory. (only cause its cheap)
    Buy the larger memory for the resale value.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    $30? Get it. That's less than the cost of the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you know what "they" say... in life, you can never:

have too much money

be too thin

have too much memory

have too much storage

have a fast enough CPU
    have too many cars

have too many toys

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Some time ago I bought a 20 Megabyte Harddrive for my PC and thought I will never need more space. Recendly I bought a 600Gigabyte for my MacBook.
    I remember back when I was a kid, our first home PC, dude was like, "it's got an 80 meg hard drive, this is more than you will ever use."

I bought a terabyte nearly 2 years ago.

LOLz, it's a crazy time we live in.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Buy the larger memory for the resale value.
    Actually, this is probably the best argument yet, for me anyways.

I don't really plan on using it for movies or music, but the resale value thing, yes. I will eventually sell it and I am sure that will help recoup costs in the end.

good observation!