1.    #1  
    Hopefully somebody can help on these--I have searched the threads and can't find answers:

1. I am unable to print to my HP Photosmart printer. The TP finds it I can select it but then I get an unable to print message. 4 calls to WebOS support and I couldn't be more frustrated. WebOS support has now tried to push me off on the printer group who want to push me back to WebOS support

2 I use Exchange email for my work and occasionally I only am able to see the subject lines of my emails but the text never fills in. When this happens if I close the email app and then reopen all is fine.

3. Does anyone know if you connect a TP to a Pre via a usb cable if the Pre will charge? I don't have a micro to micro cable to try it but it would be very useful when tethering.

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions on how to fix #1 or #2 and if there is an answer to #3.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Hopefully somebody can help on these--I have searched the threads and can't find answers:

1. I am unable to print to my HP Photosmart printer. The TP finds it I can select it but then I get an unable to print message. 4 calls to WebOS support and I couldn't be more frustrated. WebOS support has now tried to push me off on the printer group who want to push me back to WebOS support

2 I use Exchange email for my work and occasionally I only am able to see the subject lines of my emails but the text never fills in. When this happens if I close the email app and then reopen all is fine.

3. Does anyone know if you connect a TP to a Pre via a usb cable if the Pre will charge? I don't have a micro to micro cable to try it but it would be very useful when tethering.

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions on how to fix #1 or #2 and if there is an answer to #3.

1) Not sure about #1, mine works at home with my network printer. I will try tomorrow at work (we have lots of HP printers) and report back.

2) I have like 8 email accounts linked on mine. I have noticed a bug that sometimes you only get the subject line and the content will not display. Exiting the email app and then restarting email fixes it for awhile. I am hoping that the big update in 9+ days will fix this.

3) I don't have a micro-micro cable around to test with. Interesting idea, gonna look around tomorrow and see if I can find one. I'm guessing no, or at least not recommended. Might even need a USB cross-over cable (not sure on pin-out).
    3 would be neat but I think im safe in saying that the touchpad's microsub out is not designed to transmit power out.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses thus far. Sounds like #2 is a confirmed bug and not isolated to my TP which is good. As for #1, I am guessing I am alone here as everyone else seems to be able to print no problem. I just don't know if it is fixable on my end or if I have a defective TP.
  5.    #5  
    Can anyone else offer any assistance on this printing issue?

I think I might be alone and it could be an issue with my printer (HP Photosmart Premium 309a) but it is new enough so should not be an issue--again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Does your printer support PC?

The TP only works with printers that support it.
    try typing in your printer's IP address - my photosmart 310 works fine but I had to add it via IP address. IP address go to devices and printers --> Printer queue --> Printer menu --> properties --> ports and find the ip of the port there. If the port has a name opena command prompt and ping printername and it should give the IP.
  8.    #8  
    Tried manually typing in the IP address already and it reports that that printer has already been found.

The annoying thing is the HP printing apps in the ipad app store actually print fine on my wife's ipad but my hp touchpad with an hp printer can't do it!

I've already used the webos doctor and reinstalled webos and also reinstalled my prnter on my computer. I am thinking I should try connecting my printer to my network wirelessly instead of using usb, even though it works this way with the ipad just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    ... I am thinking I should try connecting my printer to my network wirelessly instead of using usb, even though it works this way with the ipad just fine.
    I didn't realize from your OP that you were trying to print via USB. Definitely, try it wi-fi.
    Is the ipad using e-print?
  11.    #11  
    I can now print.

Here is a summary of the situation in case this happens to others:

My HP printer was connected to my desktop via USB, however it is a wifi capable printer and wifi was enabled.

I was able to see the printer and print to it from other wireless apps on iphone and ipad made by HP so I assumed it would also work with my touchpad.

Evidently, the problem at least in my case, was cleared up when I reinstalled my printer onto the network by using wifi only. I uninstalled via USB and followed the process to add the printer to the network via wifi only. It is a much lengthier process and I don't like the idea that if my network or router were to go down that I wouldn't be able to print from my desktop but I guess that is not very likely and if it did happen I could always just then connect via USB.

So in summary it is not enough to have a wifi connection and wireless turned on but it appears you must also eliminate the USB connection and soley use wifi if you want to print from the touchpad.

The confusion for me was because other wireless devices could print to the printer but not my touchpad.