Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    All YouTube videos play to a certain point, always the same point, and then just stop playing. This is my second touchpad and both have had the same issue. I often also have websites load to a certain point, again the exact same point, then just quit. I'm surprised others haven't complained about this. Has anyone experienced this issue?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by saahmed View Post
    All YouTube videos play to a certain point, always the same point, and then just stop playing. This is my second touchpad and both have had the same issue. I often also have websites load to a certain point, again the exact same point, then just quit. I'm surprised others haven't complained about this. Has anyone experienced this issue?
    Have you checked your network? I get the same issue every now and then when I have a crappy internet connection. I'm using Comcast for my ISP and they have had some problems due to all the storms we've been getting where I live. My other computers won't load pictures on websites and the Touchpad stops mid-way. Also some pages wouldn't scroll, but if you rotate the device that is fixed.

    You shouldn't be on your second Touchpad. They are rock solid reliable and you have built in "on the device" tech support (webOS Butler Service). I think you freaked out and blamed the device for a network issue. Before you make the mistake of taking this one back, check your connection and then report any issues you have to HP's tech support from the live chat program on the device, call the toll free number, or go to the support website. Good luck!
    Last edited by k4ever; 07/13/2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: To answer your question, yes you are the only one! :)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by saahmed View Post
    All YouTube videos play to a certain point, always the same point, and then just stop playing. This is my second touchpad and both have had the same issue. I often also have websites load to a certain point, again the exact same point, then just quit. I'm surprised others haven't complained about this. Has anyone experienced this issue?
    Been running mine since launch. Never an issue with YouTube. As with the previous response, this sounds more like spotty broadband coverage. Perhaps you're competing with other wifi signals. Try Meraki Wifi Stumbler (I don't have the link handy). That will show you who else is operating wireless nearby, how strong, and what channels. You may need to update your router/switch settings if it's not a direct issue with your ISP. Just a thought.
  4. #4  
    Some play for me and some open up a second card which spins endlessly.
    The ones I've uploaded do not play for me.
  5. #5  
    Be sure to turn on html5 youtube on all your devices. It helps. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Be sure to turn on html5 youtube on all your devices. It helps. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Says I am in the trial (is the TouchPad automatically entered?).
    Does not solve problem.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Be sure to turn on html5 youtube on all your devices. It helps. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    When you say "all your devices" are you referring to participating in the youtube HTML5 or some setting in the devices themselves? In any event, I have the HTML5 engaged.
  8. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #8  
    They really should get a Youtube app.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    They really should get a Youtube app.
    Yes, we need an app for every web page to replace the functionality lost by not having a real browser! Wait a minute, am I posting this from my iOS device again? I really need to stop that! Just kidding

    I have not had one problem with Youtube on the Touchpad. My daughter watch Youtube and Vevo videos for 4 straight hours on my Touchpad on a recent trip to Atlanta. I tethered it to the wifi on my cell phone. No stutter at all. Saahmed, check your network!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Saahmed, check your network!
    Some youtube vids play for me and some do not but rather bring up a second window with the video icon which then spins endlessly.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    When you say "all your devices" are you referring to participating in the youtube HTML5 or some setting in the devices themselves? In any event, I have the HTML5 engaged.
    Participating in the youtube html5 trial
  12. #12  
    This is much more likely a network issue than a hardware One. Sometimes when I'm on a bad network and get hung up, switching to full screen mode helps
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    This is much more likely a network issue than a hardware One. Sometimes when I'm on a bad network and get hung up, switching to full screen mode helps
    I'm on my home wifi, works fine with my laptop.

    TouchPad works fine with some youtube vids but not with others.
    Am watching Hulu Jon Stewart episode now while software manager updates in the background.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Have you checked your network? I get the same issue every now and then when I have a crappy internet connection. I'm using Comcast for my ISP and they have had some problems due to all the storms we've been getting where I live. My other computers won't load pictures on websites and the Touchpad stops mid-way. Also some pages wouldn't scroll, but if you rotate the device that is fixed.

    You shouldn't be on your second Touchpad. They are rock solid reliable and you have built in "on the device" tech support (webOS Butler Service). I think you freaked out and blamed the device for a network issue. Before you make the mistake of taking this one back, check your connection and then report any issues you have to HP's tech support from the live chat program on the device, call the toll free number, or go to the support website. Good luck!
    I did not return the first device for this issue, that one had build quality issues. This has occurred on both my home network and my parent's home network. All my other devices work perfectly fine on my network. I wouldn't call the Touchpad a rock solid, dependable device, I have all kinds of issues with apps not opening and stalling. Some people elsewhere mentioned issues caused by using their original Palm Profile (I still have a Pre-)? I did not freak out, the device is virtually unusable and I'm patiently waiting for an update. I will contact support. Thanks for the suggestions.
  15. #15  
    Downloaded the Soui app, pressed on Karmin label which opened up a youtube video...which opened up the video app with the spinning circle and the youtube video...did not play.
    Alas.
  16. #16  
    No, you are not the only one that is having issues. I have 5 wireless devices in my house and they all work fine, always have. Yet, my TP is dinosaur slow at times, lag is very bad. I've only tried a few times but youtube vids normally lag so bad I lose interest and leave the website before the vid has a chance to finish. I've read that others are having wifi issues so I'm holding out hope the next OTA will fix the issue.

    ET
  17.    #17  
    So I went out and got a new router and this fixed the issue for me. I have no idea why this was the cause because I have had no other issues with the older router with any other devices. I got just a basic N router. My old one was a G router but I don't understand why this wouldn't work properly with the TouchPad.
  18. #18  
    Mine plays youtube videos fine and even tekzilla videos in 720P full screen.
  19. #19  
    Mine TouchPad plays youtube videos fine, really impresses how well flash works.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by saahmed View Post
    I did not return the first device for this issue, that one had build quality issues. This has occurred on both my home network and my parent's home network. All my other devices work perfectly fine on my network. I wouldn't call the Touchpad a rock solid, dependable device, I have all kinds of issues with apps not opening and stalling. Some people elsewhere mentioned issues caused by using their original Palm Profile (I still have a Pre-)? I did not freak out, the device is virtually unusable and I'm patiently waiting for an update. I will contact support. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Sorry if I offended you but I deal with a lot of non-tech savy people on a daily basis. Devices get blamed for other problems. Sorry to here about your app issues. Noticed that some folks are having multiple reboots on the device also. HP is supposed to have an update out to fix this. My rock solid comment was directed towards the hardware at the time but now some folks are getting cracks near the speakers. I still have not had a problem with a online video loading unless there is a network problem. I have had issues with loading music and video files because of a USB eject bug. HP support help out with a work around for it but the bug is still there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions