1.    #1  
    I just bought my HP Touch Pad and loving it However I cant get my Touchpad to discover my PDAnet wifi off my phone. Does anyone know how I can get it to work I need to be able to tether my tablet while mobile for my business..
    What error are you getting? Walk us through what you're doing and what the screen is saying. Also, is your PDAnet wifi running on a channel higher than 11? I've noticed the TP doesn't play well with non-US standard wifi channels.
    Your PDAnet WiFi network is probably in 'ad-hoc' mode, which is not supported on webOS.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    newsalt is correct. I tried using WMWifirouter and discovered webOS does not support ad-hoc mode. To my knowledge, that is the only way to create a hotspot on a mobile device (at least on WM). I guess that forces TouchPad users to either get a Palm phone or 4g on the device.

If anyone knows of software that will turn a WM phone into a supported TP hotspot, please speak up. I'm waiting for the Pre3 before I make the switch from WM, so my TouchPad is pretty useless when I leave home right now.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This is an older post but because I just went through this I thought I would comment.
    I was running an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken and PDAnet.
    As mentioned above, on all iOS versions before 4.3 (att) only support an ad-hoc wireless connection, which the touchpad will not see. So to resolve this, I upgraded my iOS version to 4.3.3. This version supports an "infrastructure" wireless connection. I now run PDAnet and the touchpad sees and connects no problem.
    Do a search for ad-hoc wifi tethering and you will find a software patch for the TP that will let you tether to ad-hoc services. I have it and I tether to my Nokia via JoikuSpot and it works great.