Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I picked one up from BB today and it works pretty well. The only thing is that when I set the TP on the TS their is no sound indicator to let you know that the device is now charging. I don't if that is a future update or I just need to enable that.

The only reason that I really like that sound indicator is because you have to look really hard for that little lighting bolt to know if its charging.
    yeah, should be a preference, but I don't find one.

TS is minimally lap friendly, btw. Lol
    I see pandas.
  3.    #3  
    Yea I'm going to leave the lap duties to the case when that comes out in a couple of days.

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    haha the first thing I did with my phones was disable that noise, its so annoying to hear that noise every time you set it down.
    JED-WEB-OS likes this.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    if the screen is off when you put it on the TS you will know its charging by exhibition mode. (I just got my TS today)
    I kind of like it, but then with Sconix' ACSP patch, I modified the sound. Couple favourites are Tesla Coil sound as well as Mario Power Up sound.
    Psychonaut likes this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I liked the fact they got rid of the sound when we dock the TouchPad. I think the charging icon is easily visible enough that the sound isn't needed.
    I would like to hear the sound when placing it on. Sometimes I have the case covering the screen, and I want the indicator that it is charging. I put it on last night before bed, and i'm guessing it didn't have that good of connection, cuz I only had 60% when I woke up.
    I would like to hear the sound when placing it on. Sometimes I have the case covering the screen, and I want the indicator that it is charging. I put it on last night before bed, and i'm guessing it didn't have that good of connection, cuz I only had 60% when I woke up.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I think its a bug it should make a sound when it is put on the charger sometimes mine does it but it definitely rare.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I like the sound-off, buzz-on patch for my Pre/Pre2. Something like that for TP would be nice. Less obtrusive, but easy to tell you are charging.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Got my TouchStone today, and loving my TP with it.

For others info, on my TP I have vinyl non-skid tape on the back, so it doesn't slip and fall so easily. Fits on TS and charges just fine with it.

Now I can watch Exhibition SlideRSS slideshows, including my own Flickr page. This rocks!

To all the sad whiners who are bitterly proclaiming "I won't get a TouchPad because.....", you guys are missing out!
    doctj and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    I got one too, its great! It charges faster than I thought it would too.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I like it. How do I get the agenda exhibition mode? I thought this would be included out of the box.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    It is. just go to the exhibition app and put a check mark next to "Agenda". Then out it on the TS (and make sure exhibition is running (screen off before you put it on the TS or push the power button when on the TS) Swipe down on the top left of the screen and select "agenda" (my schedule is free for the day woot!)
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    It is. just go to the exhibition app and put a check mark next to "Agenda". Then out it on the TS (and make sure exhibition is running (screen off before you put it on the TS or push the power button when on the TS) Swipe down on the top left of the screen and select "agenda" (my schedule is free for the day woot!)
    Perfect, thanks! Interesting that they don't just have this checked as default.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I like the sound-off, buzz-on patch for my Pre/Pre2. Something like that for TP would be nice. Less obtrusive, but easy to tell you are charging.
    Mine makes a sound when I put it on which is great because I don't have to open the cover to confirm. I am a little surprised it doesn't work in all orientations, especially with the case hinge at the top but not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by krisnicaj View Post
    So I picked one up from BB today and it works pretty well. The only thing is that when I set the TP on the TS their is no sound indicator to let you know that the device is now charging. I don't if that is a future update or I just need to enable that.

The only reason that I really like that sound indicator is because you have to look really hard for that little lighting bolt to know if its charging.
    I think a charging notification light would be nice to have in addition to the sound some folks seem to hear as well. I would suggest adding to the feature request page if it's important to you. Judging from the 3.02 update that is coming; HP seems to be taking user feed back seriously.
    My local BB just got a couple in and I ordered it for pickup. Gonna go grab it this afternoon when I have a minute.

I seem to remember something about when it is in landscape orientation on the dock that a lot of full screen apps open upside down. Is this true? I would like to have it in my shop and be able to have hulu or something running on it while working
    toy4x4 likes this.
    I liked the sound my Pixi made when I put it on the 'stone. I think a deeper version of that would be cool!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast