Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    I agree with all of these points. The iPad is truly displayed to sell. Honestly, all that it lacks is a beam of light from heaven to prove that it's the only thing for sale. HP has a hard row to hoe.

To be fair though, the BB sales staff aren't really knowledgeable about the iPad either. I asked them to show me multitasking RIOs style, had no idea. Also could not answer basic questions about email, document editing, device settings...

Which proves that the DISPLAY and advertising is 90% of what sells them.
    I agree with the op and I have the same complaints also. I went to one best buy and lo and behold.The Touchpad wasn't charge or on for that matter.So I tried to charge it myself but it wouldn't had a charge.The wires were messed up.So I asked a rep and the first one couldn't do it,and the second one said I would have to wait for an hp rep to come in on Friday.I did notice that the ipad had no such problems.I then went to another best buy and they had a working model but all the other problems like that black egg on the back.Which has some weight to it.That makes the TouchPad more heavier to hold.My girlfriend likes it alot and she was playing games with my daughter.The I showed her that my pres can take calls on the TouchPad and she liked that too.She also liked the keyboard and the number rows.I don't understand why aren't we able to go into the app catolog? I wanted to see how pivot was and maybe check out angry birds because my daughter loves that game and she's 5yrs old/young.I agree with the op.Why can't hp get it together? It's like they give us one part without the other.They build us a super market but don't put in shelves to hold anything or any bags to put the food in.Why have a gyroscope and no second camera for augmented reality apps?( for those always asking what's the point of a second camera.
    The OP's ideas are outstanding. Every webOS device should always be displayed on a working Touchstone. It's part of what sells the product. I wonder if anyone knows a good place at HP to actually send these ideas where someone with brains and power can implement them if they aren't deemed cost prohibitive. Quite frankly, I don't understand why the display wouldn't have the TouchPad on a Touchstone, since that is a premium, high profit accessory (probably costs $10 bucks to make and distribute).
  4.    #24  
    "costs" is a dumb reason.

Here's an idea....theres 2 ipads on display at most best buy's....1-2 galaxy tab's

They have 5 touchpads on display.

So, lets remove 3 display touchpads, that gives us $1500+ (retail) in display money to spend on actually setting up 2 of them correctly.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    "costs" is a dumb reason.

Here's an idea....theres 2 ipads on display at most best buy's....1-2 galaxy tab's

They have 5 touchpads on display.

So, lets remove 3 display touchpads, that gives us $1500+ (retail) in display money to spend on actually setting up 2 of them correctly.
    I don't disagree, but we all know that companies can make some idiotic "cost" moves. They may believe that it will cost them too much money, though, honestly, I doubt it. I think the folks that came up with the display were probably completely isolated from the actual product in use (i.e. they probably don't have a clue what a Touchstone is and how the TouchPad actually functions).

I'm just hoping they do these things because they are "well...duh!" type ideas that should have been thought of from the start.
  6.    #26  
    bump!
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  7.    #27  
    ttt
    @agentmock

8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I would add rebooting the TPs on a daily basis. Trust me they clear up whatever inside ( memory, background process) reducing the lag.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12