Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree105Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no issues in my app catalog. Try a reboot.
    He can't. He doesn't have a Touchpad.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    You can blindfold yourself as much as you wish, there's no point arguing with walls. The App catalog is not only slow to open (like pathetically slow), it's also laggy and really sluggish (scrolling is awful).
    This doesn't change the fact that you don't have a Touchpad.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    It's simple really: you don't own the Touchpad, you don't plan to buy it, but you're in here bashing the bejesus out of it. Not even constructive criticism, just pulling words like lagginess and issues, when you can't pinpoint one from your own experiences, and hoping to make sense.
    I know though, that those in here with genuine concerns will discern sense from nonsense.
    NNJ
    I like how you guys are arguing as if every review of the TouchPad doesn't mention lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    Why is it no constructive criticism? Some people here is trying to say such an issue doesn't exist, they ask for a definition, I gave them one, they ask for even more definitions, I did. They asked for examples of the terms, and I did, they asked me a concrete touchpad example, I also gave them one.

I don't get it. Somehow "sense" has been transformed into "ignoring" arguments and answers? Asking for things, then once provided, ignore them, because you can no longer use ambiguity as a defense?

Pardon me, but I'm the one being the clearest out of all of you, I even gave strict (measurable) definitions of the terms. That's not playing with words, is how everything is done in serious discussions (e.g. science).
    Nobody here is saying there are not issues. There is an issue on background tasks management, that causes some freezing and, in worst cases, restarts. An issue known by HP before the product reached the shelves.

But having watched a couple of videos of the Touchpad doesn't give you the right perception about the device at all.

6.    #186  
    Guys, it feels like we are beating this into the ground. Lets come back after the OTA and re-evaluate. Those that don't have a device can go play with one in a retail store.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I like how you guys are arguing as if every review of the TouchPad doesn't mention lag.
    Again, what's lag??? It's not a trivial question (as much as others try to state). If as lag we are talking about the freezing issue (it's a different beast) yes, there is lag.

If lag is the well known webOS 1.x lagging on scrolling, and so on, no. there isn't.

we are devolving to arguing. Please stay on topic, which is that the OP was impressed with the Dewitt interview. Thanks.
    The topic was the Dewitt interview. Thread closed.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910