1.    #1  
    I have a google apps email account and a personal gmail account. I have them both loaded on my sprint pre, and everything has always worked fine.

on the touchpad however, gmail works great, but on the google apps email a duplicate favorites INBOX appears everything a new email shows up.

I have deleted the account and re-added it on the touchpad several times, always with the same results. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    I have a google apps email account and a personal gmail account. I have them both loaded on my sprint pre, and everything has always worked fine.

on the touchpad however, gmail works great, but on the google apps email a duplicate favorites INBOX appears everything a new email shows up.

I have deleted the account and re-added it on the touchpad several times, always with the same results. Any suggestions?
    I noticed the same. Change your Google Apps email label from Google to Google Apps or something else.

Open the email app and go to "Preferences and Accounts", click on your Google Apps email label, and change the account name.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply, tried that and it didnt work. Any other thoughts?
    Google does this... Its on Google help page..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #6  
    just searched the google Apps helps.... Didnt find anything similar, do you have a link?
  6.    #7  
    [QUOTE=sketch42;3028853]What are these new labels in my web Gmail? - Gmail Help

thats about labels on the gmail (web) interface. Im having a "favorite" inbox added to the list on the touchpad every time I recieve a new email. Settings are identical to me pre.
    [QUOTE=tracerrx;3028896]
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    What are these new labels in my web Gmail? - Gmail Help

thats about labels on the gmail (web) interface. Im having a "favorite" inbox added to the list on the touchpad every time I recieve a new email. Settings are identical to me pre.
    Actually NOT web interface.. IMAP is what your TP , pre, outlook whatever.. Uses to connect to gmail to retrieve your mail.. Those dupe labels are a result of syncing your TP , pre, outlook with gmail (google apps)

Google apps uses the gmail imap settings .. Check your login settings on both accounts.. You'll see..

Gmail has No folders.. Its all Labels in the guise of folders..

Maybe a screen shot would help more.. Sorry if I don't understand your issue so well =/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #9  
    Here is a screenshot... Notice the multiple "INBOX" under favorites for the same email account... it looks like one is created for each new email received?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Hopefully this is something that easily be fixed? Anyone else experiencing this with google apps accounts? I rely heavy on them so hope this is something not happening for me, or easily fixed. I will order a TP this weekend.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=sketch42;3028908]

Actually NOT web interface.. IMAP is what your TP , pre, outlook whatever..

Google apps uses the gmail imap settings .. Check your login settings on both accounts..
    I've got my google apps account hooked in as an exchange account, just as an alternative option you may want to try.

The particulars:

Gmail Exchange ActiveSync server address: m.google.com
    Gmail Exchange ActiveSync domain: google
    Gmail Exchange ActiveSync user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. me@gmail.com)
    Gmail Exchange ActiveSync password: Your Gmail password
    Gmail Exchange ActiveSync TLS/SSL required: yes

What Are the Gmail Exchange ActiveSync Settings? - About Email
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Can I add multiple Exchange accounts? One with strict security polices (office) and then the google apps ones (at least 3)?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have two hooked in as exchange accounts, so i'd think so. -M
    That worked for me! THanks Mordac!

When you add the account for the Google Apps account, are you adding as a Google account, or something else?

I have basically the same setup as you, and mine is working fine (I don't get many emails on the Google account, but I sent one to myself from work just to get it to show).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just to be clear hparsons, you added them as google accounts I understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Just to be clear hparsons, you added them as google accounts I understand?
    Yes, I added both of those as Google accounts, making sure to give them different names (left one at "Google", and the other at "ParsonSys".
    Last edited by hparsons; 08/05/2011 at 02:29 PM.