View Poll Results: Anyone glad they waited for the TP 4G?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I really wanted a 4G internet connection TP

9 15.79%
  • Yes, I wanted a faster processor

2 3.51%
  • No, I'm very happy with the WiFi model TP

26 45.61%
  • No, I don't need no stinking 4G

14 24.56%
  • No, I already have enough TP in my bathroom

4 7.02%
  • No, what's a TP?

2 3.51%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C
  1.    #1  
    Besides me,that is?
    4G......haha!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Well, I care about 3G when I travel to Europe or South America and Pop a Sim card on it. I hope this 4G Lite can work on those networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    4G......haha!
    Who cares what it's called? At least it's capable of 21mbps.

Even so, I wouldn't buy one. I don't need a constant cell data connection since I'm around wifi most of the time. When I'm not, my HD2 can provide the data connection. Plus, there's the price factor. The TP4G is going to be like $700+. Way too much to justify a purchase.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    sledge007 likes this.
    It might be capable of 21mbps, but let's be realistic here. You will rarely hit that speed or anywhere close. It's an upgrade over 3G, yes, but you won't get the 21mbps advertised.
    It's only useful for two reasons:
    1) You don't have the ability to tether to a mobile phone.
    2) You want true GPS capabilities.

That's it. Nothing less, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    It might be capable of 21mbps, but let's be realistic here. You will rarely hit that speed or anywhere close. It's an upgrade over 3G, yes, but you won't get the 21mbps advertised.
    Yea, I know. I mentioned that since it's much more descriptive than just calling it "4G". I do agree with you though... I doubt anyone will get near that amount.
    Woohoo, you get to pay a bunch more to also have to pay for a cellular data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    Woohoo, you get to pay a bunch more to also have to pay for a cellular data plan.
    I could see it being useful for having a prepaid data SIM for those times where you're away from wifi and can't tether for some reason. I wouldn't want to sign a contract for it.
    I think a MiFi would be more useful than a tablet with a built in cell radio.
    I was not interested in a cellular model. I can teather just fine, and I don't want to pay more for the TP and then a data plan on top of it. But I am glad people who want the 4G one are getting one soon!
    And if you can afford to buy this model, it's likely you can afford to pay for the accompanying data plan.
    yeah i think ill still be getting the wifi version. To me theres enough hotspots, as well as I have a few where I use my current laptop at. Also the 1.5ghz of course will soon be a reality once the kernel is released to hombrew and they OC the touchpad so no biggy there. Also why pay so much more money unless you def need a connection around the clock, otherwise to me its best to get the wifi version.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Until 4G actually comes to my area, I'm not interested. 3G isn't fast enough for the cost, plus caps. Still, I think it's awesome that the first mobile TouchPad will have something no other tablet has.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    4G......haha!
    OK, it's technically not 4G;how about 3.5G