Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jemojc
  1.    #1  
    I installed the camera app's corresponding folder/files from my pre2 onto the tp from the location "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera" to the same location. Granted I know I'm missing some file dependencies, but alas I'm not a programmer, I'm a noob developer and tinkerer at best. However, once restarted, the camera app does show in the launcher and launches, full screen. Caveats: the camera shows the live image upside-down, it seems to flash on and off the screen after several seconds, and there's no onscreen controls (ie the thumbnail, flash, or take-a-pic-now button). I feel that this however is good news as this means that the camera is accessible, and with some tweaking can be made to work. I would like some help in getting this to work, or for someone with more knowledge to take the ball and run with it. I have enough trouble trying to find time writing my first Enyo app as it is. I can send in a picture of what it looks like for proof, if you guys like.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    indeed works, its installed under /usr/palm/applications
    and if you install an app that uses the camera api (like 3d camera) it works once installed there.
    the problem is when you try to save a file, it just wont let you
    I see the medicapture library is probably the same but maybe they changed the way apps should store media files.
    Please make a video?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Picture here, after you use another emulated app you cant see the camera on the fullscreen card until you reboot the touchpad, but works if minimized.
    and screenshots dont work for the content of the camera app
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Try adding
    Code:
    "uiRevision":2
    to the appinfo.json. That should make it fullscreen
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I dont have a TouchPad but this is exciting.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    "uiRevision":2 works, makes the picture bigger but not fullscreen
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Please make a video?
    TreoRock likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    Picture here, after you use another emulated app you cant see the camera on the fullscreen card until you reboot the touchpad, but works if minimized.
    and screenshots dont work for the content of the camera app
    that's not the palm camera app tho is it? that's the 3d camera.... I was using the palm camera app... and it works full screen, no need to reboot, alas with the caveats I listed.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    that's not the palm camera app tho is it? that's the 3d camera.... I was using the palm camera app... and it works full screen, no need to reboot, alas with the caveats I listed.
    yes 3D camera app, image quality seems a bit better on it
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The strings on /usr/bin/mediaserver have changed a lot from the pre2 to the touchpad, there are hints on video stabilization modes on the touchpad as well.
    Maybe they changed the calls on the binary and didnt update the medicapture library to reflect them (its the same file) I hope we get those features on the next update, I'll try to figure out the proper calls if any for the current binary but don't expect too much from me because I've never done anything similar before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    It is blurry and reserved 180 degree,need some tweak...
    It is Qualcom camera tool inside,just how to invoke it for use its basic function...
  14.    #14  
    I was really hoping that this would get some more attention.... I submitted it as a news tip and they told me to put in the forums so I did. But now this is on page 3 and no action. I think a camera solution would be/should be important to many people. I would love to dive in to it, but I'm not that adept at this sort of thing. I hoped if I got the ball rolling that someone would be inspired. Anyone? Anyone working on this? As I posted, and as shown on the video, it works, but not as it supposed to.... *sigh* Can this possibly get moved to the developer section, mods? I will get lost in this forum I fear. Perhaps that was my mistake...
    I'd like to see folks tinkering with this, but really we shouldn't have to. I'd hope hp would provide this basic feature in an update soon.
    I need this, but I'm guessing if I add camera support to my app it won't pass the app catalog testing
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I think people are hesitant since a update is around the cornor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I think people are hesitant since a update is around the cornor.
    well that has come and gone with no camera app