Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to start this thread separate from the bug tracking thread because I wanted to be able to keep this concise to what particular aspect of the device. The web browsing experience.

Please use this thread to report any inconsistencies or unexpected behaviors when using particular websites on the TouchPad. This can be from device rebooting, page refreshing, menus not accessible etc.

I do ask that you follow the below format so that it's very consistent and easy to follow the thread. Also please do not report other issues here, instead use the bug tracking thread. All other posts / inquiries will be removed.

If a site requires a login to reproduce you may be contacted for log files and or screen shots if you provide that consent since I may not be able to reproduce.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the in forum PM system.

Required Format:

Behavior Experienced:

Expected Behavior:
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    phillipah likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Behavior Experienced: Dead Spins. After the page loads about 75% the browser darkens and the spinning circle icon comes up in the middle. The page eventually reloads and the process repeats a few times. Sometimes the page will actually load after a few instances of the dead spins.

Expected behavior: Page loads and I can read it.
    Wozza666 and MrDroid like this.

Behavior Experienced: Virtual Keyboard would not come up so that I could fill in the blank for item cost. when I connected the BT keyboard, I was still unable to enter information. I had to go to the full site.

I tried again after a Luna restart and still could not bring up the keyboard or fill in information.

Expected Behavior: I expected to be able to fill in the blanks.

behavior experienced: Tried to add a profile picture and facebook always wants you to crop the photo. There was no way to adjust the size of the cropping box.

expected behavior: expected to be able to select and resize the crop box.

note: this could be partially fixed by allowing the facebook app to set profile pictures. But since the app doesnt allow for easy switching between more than one user it would be nice to have full functionality of the website

Behavior experienced: While in a forum, clicking on "Search this forum" brings up the search dialog box. When you tap on the text field to enter text the keyboard pops up but the dialog box disappears. Keystrokes entered at this point are not registered.

Expected behavior: Dialog box should remain visible while text is being entered.

Behavior experienced: Log in, after browsing a few threads webpage freezes and I get no response. SOMETIMES, turning WiFi off and then on again corrects the issue for a little while longer.

Behavior experienced: Videos fail to load after 20-30 seconds into the start. Get the "loading" circle. This has only happened the few times after going to youtube cause I stopped trying.

Expected behavior: obvious.

PS: My issues might be with the WiFi and not the web browser, don't know.
    When using mapquest, unable to adjust the map orientation.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post

Behavior Experienced: Dead Spins. After the page loads about 75% the browser darkens and the spinning circle icon comes up in the middle. The page eventually reloads and the process repeats a few times. Sometimes the page will actually load after a few instances of the dead spins.

Expected behavior: Page loads and I can read it.
    I was having a hard time reproducing this issue. I will continue to try over the next few days. Could it be your wireless network timing out on the webpage? Have you tried on multiple networks?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post

Behavior experienced: While in a forum, clicking on "Search this forum" brings up the search dialog box. When you tap on the text field to enter text the keyboard pops up but the dialog box disappears. Keystrokes entered at this point are not registered.

Expected behavior: Dialog box should remain visible while text is being entered.
    I couldn't really reproduce this. I found the "Search this forum" box but clicking on it took me to a separate page to search from. From that page I was able to tap in all the search fields and have access to the keyboard.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Strange, but I looked at it again this morning and it wasn't happening. I think it depends on the advertisements (flash) that are on the page. I see similar behavior on other pages.
    Free Workout Log :: Login

Behavior experienced: When tapping the login field, the virtual keyboard never pops up
    Expected behavior: Virtual keyboard appears, allowing me to type in username and password.
    HardBeatz, thanks for this thread.

here are the issues with Pre|Central.net from this thread:

NOTE: this is occurring on phones and HP TouchPad browsers.

1) disappearing search drop down box. Tap Search while on forums page, tap in search box, keyboard pops up, bye-bye search. Tap ENTER, end up at Advanced search screen, with blank search box. Occurs randomly.

2) threads not updating. Tap on todays posts, thread listing is not updated. Select a thread, latest thread not displayed unless tap browser refresh.

3) Quick links disconnected drop down menu. Tap on Quick Links, drop down box pops up well below the QL button.

4) advanced search menu not scrolling. I can't scroll the list of forums in the advanced search window.

5) User name menu not available. Tap on user name in a thread, no menu (view public profile, PM, etc) appears at all.

EDIT: one more

6) attached pictures in thread posts: tap on picture, then an opaque black pop-up screen appears at the top of the screen, but only the very bottom edge is visible. Attempts to tap or scroll to the pop-up make it disappear.
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/14/2011 at 09:47 AM.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I couldn't really reproduce this. I found the "Search this forum" box but clicking on it took me to a separate page to search from. From that page I was able to tap in all the search fields and have access to the keyboard.
    Weird. Just tried it again. Still doing it. I'm using the "Search this Forum" button on the right, not the "Search" button on top. Landscape orientation.
    brum likes this.
    Website: ImHooked.com Fishing Forums - Opener 7/16 - Not actually the entire website, just this one thread in the forum.

Behavior Experienced: Last night I wanted to check in on one of my favorite fishing forums to see what's happening. I pulled the site up and navigated to the Salmon/Steelhead forum. There I saw a thread that I wanted to read, so naturally I tapped it. It began to load and then the screen goes black with the HP logo in the middle. It was back after 20 seconds or so which leads me to believe it was a Luna restart.

I really haven't had many issues with restarts with my Touchpad, but there have been a couple. So I just figured this was a random restart and I'm good for now. So, I navigated to that same thread and boom, the same thing happens. I did this several times with the same thing each time.

Finally I decided to try other threads, and I was able to browse every other thread without any issues. But if I went to that particular thread, the Luna restart would happen.

Expected Behavior: No Luna restart.

-Skippy

Behavior Experienced: some videos load. Others do not load but rather pull up second window with Pre video icon and then go into a spinning circle. Occasionally the spinning circle stops and I see a long video rectangle with a play button (longer than the youtube page) but play button is unresponsive

Expected Behavior: All youtube videos should play.

Note: on one of the forums, people suggested my network connection could be bad but at the same time I pulled up hulu.com on the TouchPad and was able to play those videos. I was also able to play those videos on my laptop (some of the ones that did not play on the TouchPad were simple 1 minute videos that I created on my Pre and uploaded).

Behavior experienced: After logging in, selecting a channel and the apparent loading/initializing the stream, no audio is heard. On at least one occasion, the Touchpad rebooted unexpectedly.

Expected behavior: Channel audio stream should be heard.

Note: Other sounds and audio work fine at the time, including alert tones, ringtones and mp3 music

Behavior Experienced: Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa.. Loads pa..

Expected Behavior: Loads page
    Jake_M likes this.

Behaviour experienced Touchpad rebooted/ could just be Luna restart. Was able to consistently reproduce the problem at least 5 more times and asked my friend to test the same on his touchpad and the same result.

Expected behavior just open the webpage without crashing.
    sprint.com.
    once you sign into your account you cant see you devices and usage
    fox.com

playing tv shows on fox.com
    freezing, loses sound also

would like shows to play smoothly with sound
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I wanted to start this thread separate from the bug tracking thread because I wanted to be able to keep this concise to what particular aspect of the device. The web browsing experience.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the in forum PM system.
    HardBeatZ,

Thanks for hanging tough in the forums. The commentary around here must sometimes be brutal for an HP/Palm employee to read through.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    JerryO likes this.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast