Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Couldn't repro, tried several links. Can you re-verify? If still experiencing the issue please list some exact steps (including links you follow) to see if I am missing a step somewhere.
    Can't repro either now. Must have been one of the flash ads causing issues.

What I did was after the page loaded I scrolled down to the part I wanted to read. While reading, I was thrown back to the top of the page where I was then unable to scroll down.

I was reading the following at the time:
    http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Kil...t_II_(episode)
    all websites (random problem)
    link unable to load-example:link to page three of this thread gives error and won't load. Problem sometimes solved by minimizing and trying again, sometimes have to close page and re-navigate to spot and it will work. Web connection is good.
    Experienced: Reboot.
    Expected: Able to navigate to page.
    Am I the only one who constantly gets told there was an error on the page when trying to access Precentral forums from the TP? I haven't been able to get into here for 2 days even after restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I think I know what is going on. The issue is that some sites create content to stay static at the bottom of pages these static parts never become visible until the "true" bottom of the page is reached. The same issue happens with Facebook chat, but the problem with Facebook is that Facebook constantly refreshes and gives you more content until it runs completely out of content to provide so most people won't ever reach the true bottom of the page.

We will have to see if there is better ways we can manage this type of content.
    thanks! I'm glad you understand whats going on.

for the record, i also posted on subsonic's forums to request moving the player to the side or top of the page. that would solve the issue for me.
    cparsons1 likes this.
    Site: this is my college website that I must access to manage my grades, classes, financial info, room and board info, and just about everything else for college. https://web4.jcu.edu:4459/PJCU/twbkw...?name=homepage

(go to www.jcu.edu and click 'BannerWeb' at the bottom of the page under 'campus tools'.)

behavior: site wont load, says "unable to load page".

expected behavior: site should load and allow me to log in.
    Site: Corporate intranet
    Problem: Trying to download/open PDF documents says "Mime type not supported"
    Expected: PDF downloads.

Site: Different corporate intranet site.
    Problem: Cannot log in. Entering login info returns to login page.
    Expected: Main page is displayed.

While I know its not possible for you to try these, they are annoying. 1st issue has been seen by other people on other sites. I will update if I can find a public page with the same behavior.

The 2nd one seems like either a cookie or caching problem. I can actually provide MUCH more info about this, as I coded this one. It works fine in IE, Chrome, Firefox, and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    ww
    behaviour: doesn't log me in after entering username and password, website and other web cards freeze subsequently.
    behavior: no scrolling to end of spreadsheet - can just see what initially loads on the screen
    expected behavior: edit or view any part of the document
    satchmo82 likes this.
    on webos-internals wiki main page, clicked link to metadoctor wiki page and TouchPad crashed (tried this twice)

Behavior Experienced: After the page finishes load, wait like 3-5sec. The top banner image will fade and then a spinner overlay will appear and the page will forcable reload. And once again, once the reload completely, 3-5sec later, the issue happens again.

Expected Behavior: Read website and such

Note: I mentioned this on Twitter and Jeremy Thomas of the DevRel team contacted me saying he's filed my issue as 23921. Just wanted to post in this thread for other who might have this bug, as io9 is a really popular blog
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Website: Maybe not a normal webpage, but the AT&T login page for their wifi portals at Starbucks does not render correctly on the network login page. Attempting to log in from the normal browser does not work because the browser is disabled before you login.

Behavior: Text in the login box does not render correctly. In particular the "I accept the terms and conditions" text and checkbox is garbled/obscured, making it difficult/impossible to log in.

Expected Behavior: Login page renders correctly allowing me to get my wi-fi on at Starbucks without tethering to my phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Website: Maybe not a normal webpage, but the AT&T login page for their wifi portals at Starbucks does not render correctly on the network login page. Attempting to log in from the normal browser does not work because the browser is disabled before you login.

Behavior: Text in the login box does not render correctly. In particular the "I accept the terms and conditions" text and checkbox is garbled/obscured, making it difficult/impossible to log in.

Expected Behavior: Login page renders correctly allowing me to get my wi-fi on at Starbucks without tethering to my phone....
    I can't reproduce this. I've been to Starbuck several times with the Touchpad and the ATT login page rendered correctly for me.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/17/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Site: Corporate intranet
    Problem: Trying to download/open PDF documents says "Mime type not supported"
    Expected: PDF downloads.

Site: Different corporate intranet site.
    Problem: Cannot log in. Entering login info returns to login page.
    Expected: Main page is displayed.

While I know its not possible for you to try these, they are annoying. 1st issue has been seen by other people on other sites. I will update if I can find a public page with the same behavior.

The 2nd one seems like either a cookie or caching problem. I can actually provide MUCH more info about this, as I coded this one. It works fine in IE, Chrome, Firefox, and iPhone.
    Hey HBZ, I have the file that is supposed to be the PDF I can send you. I decided to look at it with my text editor and discovered it is HTML error messages. They're kinda specific to the intranet site, but may be useful. Just PM me if you think they could be useful.

Problem: Unable to leave comments even if signed in. The bottom of the comment acts as if you are not logged in.

Expected: Leave comments so I don't have to use a computer.

Thanks

Behavior Experienced: I was trying to copy and paste a feed url from the Touchpad browser into Glimpse. As you can see from the picture attached the copy markers where on one line and the yellow highlight showed up on another line. When I pasted the results, I got the highlighted section and not the url.

Expected Behavior: Oh you know.
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I can't reproduce this. I've been to Starbuck with in several times and the ATT login page rendered correctly for me.
    This has happened to me twice already, once at a Starbucks in Hawaii, once in California, in case they are using different pages at different locations. Also, I was using the Touchpad in portrait mode with the rotation lock engaged, maybe it actually renders ok in landscape mode? I've noticed many webpages that render overlapped objects in portrait mode because of the screen width...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    on webos-internals wiki main page, clicked link to metadoctor wiki page and TouchPad crashed (tried this twice)

did it on mine tooo!
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I'm having issues downloading pdf files through my schools site. Everytime I try to download the bar flashes like its downloading and instantly shows the download button again and I cant find or open the file. It doesnt matter how many times I try, and its done this with multiple files

one file used blackboard, the other used a portal through my school, both did the exact same thing. This is very annoying because it is the only issue that keeps me from putting away my laptop.

one of the files is something that I have to check every week to keep track of my credits for clinic work. They always opened just fine on my pre.
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 07/17/2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I'm having issues downloading pdf files through my schools site. Everything I try to download the bar flashes like its downloading and instantly shows the download button again and I cant find or open the file. It doesnt matter how many times I try, and its done this with multiple files
    I also had this behavior with the USPS Click 'n Ship website. I tried to print a shipping label and got the same pdf and some strange numbered file that would not download and open so I could print. I had to switch to my laptop.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast