Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Be warned, this will instantly reboot your TouchPad.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.

experience: FlashHD video will not play, or will take 5-10 minutes to start, then will stop at random.

expected: video should play the same as my 5 year old HP laptop (same wifi network). Laptop starts playing video within 5-15 seconds, doesn't stop playing randomly.
    I see pandas.
    every website

this isnt really a bug, more like a missing feature, but one that we used to have in 1.x. It would be nice to be able to tap a scroll to simulate placing the mouse over something. For instance, tap and scroll on the forum box on precentrals main page, and the dropdown menu appears.

experience: only loads what initially fits on screen. Will not scroll rest of page.

expected: want to see the entire page.
    updated my post #11 with item 6) attached pictures
    I see pandas.

experienced behavior: tried to log into account, the page would load normally until the end where it would dissappear and the only thing I would be left with is a 2011 in the top left corner of a blank page.

expected behavior: expected page to load normally so that I could check account details
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post

Behavior experienced: While in a forum, clicking on "Search this forum" brings up the search dialog box. When you tap on the text field to enter text the keyboard pops up but the dialog box disappears. Keystrokes entered at this point are not registered.

Expected behavior: Dialog box should remain visible while text is being entered.
    I couldn't really reproduce this. I found the "Search this forum" box but clicking on it took me to a separate page to search from. From that page I was able to tap in all the search fields and have access to the keyboard.
    I can reproduce this but another example of this, HBZ, is to do the following:

1. Select "Community" and then "Member's List" at the top of this page.
    2. Select "Search Members" on the right side of the screen
    3. Touch text box to have keyboard come up
    4. When keyboard appears, the text box disappears (every time).
    site: Subsonic (this is the demo for the subsonic service that i use to host my movies and music to stream to my touchpad)

behavior experiance: your not able to really see the issue on the demo page, but you can get an idea of it. When your looking at the demo page if you look where all the album art is listed, that area is the place that lists all my songs and movies when its my personal page. You can see that the actual player is on the bottom of the page. When I load up my thousands of songs and movies, that player gets pushed ALL the way down to the bottom. So whdn i'm playing a song, the only way to access it is to scroll through thousands of song titles or refresh the page to stop the music.

expected behavior: on the computer there is a scroll bar within that box that allows you to view all the song titles and allows the player to stay right at the bottom of the page.

it should either have a scroll bar, or allow me to instantly scroll to the bottom of the page.

HBZ, PM me if you want to access my actual subsonic page and I will give you guest access.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

behaviour experienced: I only see 1 - 1.5 screens of content when reading mail, and I can't scroll down any further, meaning I can't read all the email and get to the attachments at the bottom.

behaviour expected: full desktop browser experience (at least the ability to read all my mail and download attachments).

I know we have a great email app but sometimes I want to search through all my (old) mail, which is not all sync'd to the touchpad.
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Behavior Experienced: some videos load. Others do not load but rather pull up second window with Pre video icon and then go into a spinning circle. Occasionally the spinning circle stops and I see a long video rectangle with a play button (longer than the youtube page) but play button is unresponsive

Expected Behavior: All youtube videos should play.

Note: on one of the forums, people suggested my network connection could be bad but at the same time I pulled up hulu.com on the TouchPad and was able to play those videos. I was also able to play those videos on my laptop (some of the ones that did not play on the TouchPad were simple 1 minute videos that I created on my Pre and uploaded).
    Same here.
    Website 'www.national-lottery.co.uk'

Behaviour Experienced Site will not load "Error Unable to open page" dialogue

Behaviour Expected Site loads and I get to win millions of cash ;-)

Previously reported in the 'bugs' thread.

Cheers HardBeatz, appreciate the interaction on here by yourself and calvin.
    Last edited by fubber; 07/15/2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: URL collapse
    Twitter
    feed only goes back about 12 hours then just gray screen if you try scrolling further-no option to see more or load more

MSN.com
    can login (# of emails next to Hotmail link) but when I hit hotmail I get an error message-mobile wouldn't work either.
    satchmo82 and brum like this.
    Website Star Trek Wiki - Memory Alpha

Behaviour Experienced Any random article; page loads in entirety but then, for some reason, will not allow you to scroll beyond the top viewable pane.

Behaviour Expected Want to see the entire site
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I was having a hard time reproducing this issue. I will continue to try over the next few days. Could it be your wireless network timing out on the webpage? Have you tried on multiple networks?

I couldn't really reproduce this. I found the "Search this forum" box but clicking on it took me to a separate page to search from. From that page I was able to tap in all the search fields and have access to the keyboard.
    I was asked to post my website issue in this thread and it looks like the issue with the spinning circle and refresh was already reported. My personal experience is that I couldn't reproduce it after I created a new Palm (webOS) Profile. Something was definitely funky with my profile because the same sites used to work.

Behaviour Experienced: Page will load to about 80%. Right before loading the top banner ad (presumably Flash), it would create the spinning circles and try and refresh the page. On swiping up, I notice the spinning circles on all open applications, including things like Email. I assume something crashed there.

Behaviour Expected: Pages will load up without refreshing persistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post

Behavior Experienced: Dead Spins. After the page loads about 75% the browser darkens and the spinning circle icon comes up in the middle. The page eventually reloads and the process repeats a few times. Sometimes the page will actually load after a few instances of the dead spins.

Expected behavior: Page loads and I can read it.
    This. For me the site is Gizmodo.com.
    hotmail.com

loads with an error after entering login info
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    site: Subsonic (this is the demo for the subsonic service that i use to host my movies and music to stream to my touchpad)

behavior experiance: your not able to really see the issue on the demo page, but you can get an idea of it. When your looking at the demo page if you look where all the album art is listed, that area is the place that lists all my songs and movies when its my personal page. You can see that the actual player is on the bottom of the page. When I load up my thousands of songs and movies, that player gets pushed ALL the way down to the bottom. So whdn i'm playing a song, the only way to access it is to scroll through thousands of song titles or refresh the page to stop the music.

expected behavior: on the computer there is a scroll bar within that box that allows you to view all the song titles and allows the player to stay right at the bottom of the page.

it should either have a scroll bar, or allow me to instantly scroll to the bottom of the page.

HBZ, PM me if you want to access my actual subsonic page and I will give you guest access.
    I think I know what is going on. The issue is that some sites create content to stay static at the bottom of pages these static parts never become visible until the "true" bottom of the page is reached. The same issue happens with Facebook chat, but the problem with Facebook is that Facebook constantly refreshes and gives you more content until it runs completely out of content to provide so most people won't ever reach the true bottom of the page.

We will have to see if there is better ways we can manage this type of content.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    The web comic our valued customers displays fine in landscape, but in portrait it cuts off the side of the images.
    Never had that issue on any other tablet.
    Not a huge deal, but odd behavior.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Website Star Trek Wiki - Memory Alpha

Behaviour Experienced Any random article; page loads in entirety but then, for some reason, will not allow you to scroll beyond the top viewable pane.

Behaviour Expected Want to see the entire site
    Couldn't repro, tried several links. Can you re-verify? If still experiencing the issue please list some exact steps (including links you follow) to see if I am missing a step somewhere.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Experience: I can go to the show's webcam archive page and start a Flash HD video of the radio show. The video takes about 30 seconds to start. Once started, it looks good. However, if I press the fullscreen button in the Flash video I get artifacts in the video.

The first attached picture shows the video playing in the browser.
    The second attachment is a picture of the video in fullscreen mode with the artifacts in red.

The long black bar on the bottom left is in the same place as the video controls when it's embedded in the browser. So it appears that when the video goes to fullscreen it doesn't redraw that area.

The gray square box at the central right is caused by the dialog box that says "Press Center Button to exit fullscreen mode". The gray box is not there right after I press fullscreen. It only appears when the center button dialog fades away.

Expected: Faster load times for video. Video should redraw over browser controls when in fullscreen mode. "Press center button to exit fullscreen mode" dialog should not create permanent gray box in fullscreen video.

Edit: I just realized you have to be a member of the website to see the webcam videos. So, instead, please go to The Rush Limbaugh Show Media Player and play the video that loads in the browser (Rush on the phone, or something). Then go to fullscreen mode. The problem is replicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by speedtouch; 07/15/2011 at 12:02 PM.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast