Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jsgraphicart
  1.    #1  
    Straight from the horse's mouth.

    http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/07/hp...ng-to-att.html

    Nice spec bump and AT&T's brand of 4G, but they won't give up the flimsy launch dates and secrecy with prices.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #2  
    Sucks that it's on the worst carrier too.

    I'll jump Sprint to Verizon, but no chance in hell I'll go to AT&T.
  3. #3  
    I'd bet $650-700. Curious about the CPU though. The one in the current TP is rated at 1.5, but HP clocks it at 1.2. Does the TP4G actually have a different CPU? Hmm...
  4. #4  
    I'm looking forward to purchasing one but am a little worried about the possible price.
  5. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #5  
    I assume by 4G they really mean 3.5G HSPA+?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  6. #6  
    Specs show a faster 1.5GHz processor, but is it dual core???
  7. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #7  
    Meh.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I assume by 4G they really mean 3.5G HSPA+?
    Yes, AT&T's brand of 4G.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9. #9  
    So when AT&T rolls out LTE, are they gonna call it 5G?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd bet $650-700. Curious about the CPU though. The one in the current TP is rated at 1.5, but HP clocks it at 1.2. Does the TP4G actually have a different CPU? Hmm...
    I dont see how these companies can justify selling these tablets for twice as much as a desktop PC costs?
    emceesquared and BobKy like this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont see how these companies can justify selling these tablets for twice as much as a desktop PC costs?
    Because Apple does it (and Apple always overprices their stuff anyway), and since they're trying to be iPad copycats, they're copying the prices too.
  12. #12  
    assuming because 4G is less popular than wifi, HP is offering spec bump to boost sales. Brilliant!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont see how these companies can justify selling these tablets for twice as much as a desktop PC costs?
    I would say you're paying for innovation, but I think its more of a perceived innovation since a lot of this technology has been around for quite some time and they're just repackaging it...
  14. #14  
    This could be interesting if they dont lock you into a contract. Too bad have mine though.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  15. #15  
    It cant be that hard to release a 4G version with same software and overclocked processor.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    I would say you're paying for innovation, but I think its more of a perceived innovation since a lot of this technology has been around for quite some time and they're just repackaging it...
    After thinking about it, its just a little bit more than a phone costs (full price). But then again, I dont know why phones cost so much either. lol

Posting Permissions