Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jsgraphicart
  1.    #1  
    Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/07/hp...ng-to-att.html

Nice spec bump and AT&T's brand of 4G, but they won't give up the flimsy launch dates and secrecy with prices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sucks that it's on the worst carrier too.

I'll jump Sprint to Verizon, but no chance in hell I'll go to AT&T.
    I'd bet $650-700. Curious about the CPU though. The one in the current TP is rated at 1.5, but HP clocks it at 1.2. Does the TP4G actually have a different CPU? Hmm...
    I'm looking forward to purchasing one but am a little worried about the possible price.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I assume by 4G they really mean 3.5G HSPA+?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Specs show a faster 1.5GHz processor, but is it dual core???
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Meh.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I assume by 4G they really mean 3.5G HSPA+?
    Yes, AT&T's brand of 4G.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So when AT&T rolls out LTE, are they gonna call it 5G?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd bet $650-700. Curious about the CPU though. The one in the current TP is rated at 1.5, but HP clocks it at 1.2. Does the TP4G actually have a different CPU? Hmm...
    I dont see how these companies can justify selling these tablets for twice as much as a desktop PC costs?
    emceesquared and BobKy like this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont see how these companies can justify selling these tablets for twice as much as a desktop PC costs?
    Because Apple does it (and Apple always overprices their stuff anyway), and since they're trying to be iPad copycats, they're copying the prices too.
    assuming because 4G is less popular than wifi, HP is offering spec bump to boost sales. Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I would say you're paying for innovation, but I think its more of a perceived innovation since a lot of this technology has been around for quite some time and they're just repackaging it...
    This could be interesting if they dont lock you into a contract. Too bad have mine though.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    It cant be that hard to release a 4G version with same software and overclocked processor.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    I would say you're paying for innovation, but I think its more of a perceived innovation since a lot of this technology has been around for quite some time and they're just repackaging it...
    After thinking about it, its just a little bit more than a phone costs (full price). But then again, I dont know why phones cost so much either. lol