Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just realize that the price for the TouchPad have been change on Best Buy and FutureShop (Canada) website. The 16 and 32GB version are now 70$ lower!!

The 16 GB was at 520$ and is now at 450$ and the 32GB was at 620$ and is now 550$!!

Hope the price will stay when it will be release this Friday

TouchPad de 16 Go de HP avec Wi-Fi : Tablettes WebOS - Best Buy Canada

TouchPad de 32 Go de HP avec Wi-Fi : iPad et Tablettes - Future Shop
    TPadDay14Me likes this.
    I just noticed and posted the same thing at the same time.

Canada rocks! Hahaha!
    vince400 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vince400 View Post
    I just realize that the price for the TouchPad have been change on Best Buy and FutureShop (Canada) website. The 16 and 32GB version are now 70$ lower!!

The 16 GB was at 520$ and is now at 450$ and the 32GB was at 620$ and is now 550$!!

Hope the price will stay when it will be release this Friday

TouchPad de 16 Go de HP avec Wi-Fi : Tablettes WebOS - Best Buy Canada

TouchPad de 32 Go de HP avec Wi-Fi : iPad et Tablettes - Future Shop
    Ugh, then add to that the 50 dollar rebate from HP for previous palm pre owners and its 400 bucks! hmmm how fast can I sell my ipod touch..
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    just checked best buy 489/579. I wonder if they will cut me the difference on my best cc.
    The touchpad debuted less than 2 weeks ago and it's already on sale? that's not a good sign at all. Sales must be slow, there are only so many people on this forum, that can't support hp and its retailers (for the touchpad)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    The touchpad debuted less than 2 weeks ago and it's already on sale? that's not a good sign at all. Sales must be slow, there are only so many people on this forum, that can't support hp and its retailers (for the touchpad)
    It's not a sale, or atleast to the FutureShop guy I talked to on the phone. It's the new price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsis View Post
    It's not a sale, or atleast to the FutureShop guy I talked to on the phone. It's the new price.
    That's even worse.
    Wait, I got mine on launch day from Best Buy. Can I go get a rebate for the difference?
    I think Best Buy honors any price differences within 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    That's even worse.
    Please elaborate. For all I know this was the intention all along and it simply means that to be really compatative they need to remove as many ticks from the con box as possible. One of them being: Price being equal why should the average use choose the TP over the IP2? I really doubt this is some harbinger of doom for webos and the touchpad. I'm glad I waited and hope the price changes come to the US soon. $450 for a 16gb touchpad seems more in line with what the device has to offer. The ipad 16gb is priced 499 due to the "apple tax."
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Please elaborate. For all I know this was the intention all along and it simply means that to be really compatative they need to remove as many ticks from the con box as possible. One of them being: Price being equal why should the average use choose the TP over the IP2? I really doubt this is some harbinger of doom for webos and the touchpad. I'm glad I waited and hope the price changes come to the US soon. $450 for a 16gb touchpad seems more in line with what the device has to offer. The ipad 16gb is priced 499 due to the "apple tax."
    Launching at a higher price with the intention of lowering it 2 weeks later (after the initial wave of reviews that almost unanimously agree that, at the $600 price point, the iPad 2 is the better buy) is so incredibly absurd that I almost think you're on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    I think Best Buy honors any price differences within 30 days.
    I think it's 14 days on tablets.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    you say apple tax but you do realize that when before apple had launched the tab that people were speculating much higher price. i forgot what but i think in the near $900 premium range. the price that apple announced was a blow to competitors and that they could also maintain the price on the ipad2.

that being said i think it's good they lowered the price on the tp2 for pretty much same reason you mention. i think they need to be $100 less and sell in volume. it's a gen1 device that was suppose to compete with ipad1 but late to the game.

looks like the 1.5 unit is coming out very soon so if they wanna try and charge more for those then so be it. but they need to discount the 1st gen tp.

it's about perception. the price drop negatively effects perception of luxury electronics. All the other tablets are at the same price and people will look at the touchpad and say "it's cheap for a reason", that's never good for a luxury item. They then will pick it up and they will feel it and the touchpad feels cheap compared to it's competition.

typical pricing schemes don't apply to luxury electronic items.If the price of food dropped people may buy the cheaper one, but if the price of a laptop dropped, it doesn't increase sales and hurts the brand. Netbooks are cheaper than tablets and see how quickly they fizzled.
    Right, price cuts across the board after less than 2 weeks on the market doesn't inspire much confidence. I think, other than Precentral members, people interpret that as meaning there are a lot of TouchPads sitting in stock rooms and they aren't moving.
    nappy, the voice of reason.
    this forum is in a bubble.. its obvious nobody is buying the damn things.. Whats the latest "hot" electronic item that you have been able to go into any store and pick one up only after 11 days of it being released? When you think about it we are really suckers for being early adopters on this. For those of you who don't think size/weight is an issue is seriously insane. Whats the first thing people do when they see your touchpad and whats the first thing they say? Thats every consumer right there.
    Yes Best Buy will refund the difference to your credit card account as long as it is within 14 days. I went today and got my refund but only after they made sure I was within the 14 day period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Ugh, then add to that the 50 dollar rebate from HP for previous palm pre owners and its 400 bucks! hmmm how fast can I sell my ipod touch..
    No, the $50 rebate is only on the 32 GB.
    Question: "-Where was all your comments when the first Apple IPhone (2G) off% this prices from $ 600.00 to $ 400.00?"! Was so, so, so bad and trash device that has to cut 33% to sell until today?

I'm just curious about your positions...

About this new values of TP... I sad because I cannot buy here!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast