Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Just to finish...

The IPhone 2G has a high demand in begining because the fanatics has buyed just because was a "Apple Phone" and not because was "good" or "bad". When the ******* empty his pockets but not the storages, the sells begun to fast quickly, and the shareholders show his discontent with Jobs, because the Apple has invested very high in IPhone project.

So, Jobs cut the price in $ 200.00 to raise the sales, and this was his salvation.

Plus early adopters got a refund anyways.
    Not so easy... this "refund" came only after many customers that has payed $ 600.00 threatenet to sue AND in "Apple Store credit" format, and not in money.

You should get some Ginkgo Biloba because your memory doesn't serve you well.
    When the grounded arguments end, begun the personal attacks to try disqualify me. Sorry, I'll not reply.

If do you have more consistent arguments about the subject, call me again.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Just to finish...

The IPhone 2G has a high demand in begining because the fanatics has buyed just because was a "Apple Phone" and not because was "good" or "bad". When the ******* empty his pockets but not the storages, the sells begun to fast quickly, and the shareholders show his discontent with Jobs, because the Apple has invested very high in IPhone project.

So, Jobs cut the price in $ 200.00 to raise the sales, and this was his salvation.

Not so easy... this "refund" came only after many customers that has payed $ 600.00 threatenet to sue AND in "Apple Store credit" format, and not in money.

When the grounded arguments end, begun the personal attacks to try disqualify me. Sorry, I'll not reply.

Best Regards...
    Huh? What other mobile OS in 2007 was even close to iOS in 2007? If it wasnt for Apple, Microsoft would still be on win mobile 6.X.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Huh? What other mobile OS in 2007 was even close to iOS in 2007? If it wasnt for Apple, Microsoft would still be on win mobile 6.X.
    Honestly, while not as pretty as iOS looked, I preferred PalmOS. More reliable and user friendly. Sometimes, I miss my Treo 650 and Centro.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So what do you need to do to get the partial refund from best Buy? Just bring the receipt, or more complicated than that?
    agreed. Its not a bad thing at all

I'm excited to get the tp on friday even thou deep down I know there's no ned for tablets or anything. But something keeps me wanting the tp

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which is not necessarily a bad thing, given the currency exchange rate.

Maybe HP listened to me ranting.
    The receipt was all I needed.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Just to finish...

Best Regards...
    You should never have started, and based on your above post, it's a terrible finish.
    This thread is about deals on Touchpads, not about what Apple did four years ago. HP is not Apple, they don't have the following. Your Apple comparison was not needed and a poor one at that.
    Let this be a Touchpad only thread and leave Apple out of it. If you want to discuss further the Apple angle PM me.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/13/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    IcerC and gabe2gg like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Well I don't see $50 bucks on a $500 dollar tablet being that huge of a sale. Thats only ten percent. Now the motorola Atrix on the otherhand which debuted on Bell for $200 is currently $24 bucks in about 3 months since it was released. Now THATS bad. Not to mention the Xoom dropping like crazy in price.
    The Touchpad is already heading down that road, if the $50 for very 2 weeks keeps up, then it will be $200 in 2 months . Add to the fact that there is a beefed up Touchpad coming (not just memory, faster processor), the other prices will continue to slide
    I'm glad to see the discounts cominng. Combine the Staples $50 coupon and the $50 HP cash rebate and you get a 32GB TP for $500. I'm ok with that.

now if I can convince the wife to be ok with that. Hahaha
    Hmmm, so i was down in the States last week and decided to buy it there (with taxes, worked out to be exactly the same price). But now i'm back in Canada, i wonder if Best Buy will give me the new Canadian pricing for price match, or if I can even return a US TouchPad to a Best Buy in Canada.
    Wait a couple more weeks and it'll probably drop another $50. The rebate is good until the 31st of July:

"Savings $50

Qualifying products: HP TouchPad 32GB

Purchase between: July 01, 2011 and July 31, 2011
    (Requests must be postmarked within 45 days of purchase date. )"
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I get a chuckle over how everybody was so freaked out at the original price (too high!); and now we are complaining because the price is going down
    Weaser999 likes this.
    there selling out here in RI....
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    Hmmm, so i was down in the States last week and decided to buy it there (with taxes, worked out to be exactly the same price). But now i'm back in Canada, i wonder if Best Buy will give me the new Canadian pricing for price match, or if I can even return a US TouchPad to a Best Buy in Canada.
    you won't be able too, as far as i am aware
    but it doesn't hurt to try
    Got my $21 and change back from Best Buy last night. Had the PreCentral article open on my Palm Pre in case I got questioned about it. But I just told the customer service rep that I learned the online price went down on a tablet I purchase on July 1 as I handed her my receipt, and she didn't bat an eye. Made me wonder if I wasn't her first TouchPad buyer to come in with the same story. Now I just gotta cut that barcode off my TouchPad box and mail it in with my rebate form to get some money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    Got my $21 and change back from Best Buy last night. Had the PreCentral article open on my Palm Pre in case I got questioned about it. But I just told the customer service rep that I learned the online price went down on a tablet I purchase on July 1 as I handed her my receipt, and she didn't bat an eye. Made me wonder if I wasn't her first TouchPad buyer to come in with the same story. Now I just gotta cut that barcode off my TouchPad box and mail it in with my rebate form to get some money back.
    Same here. SF Bay Area. No big whoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    The touchpad debuted less than 2 weeks ago and it's already on sale? that's not a good sign at all. Sales must be slow, there are only so many people on this forum, that can't support hp and its retailers (for the touchpad)
    Not really, there are a lot of us who NEVER buy electronics at retail. It's a suckers game, especially with the short life cycle of tech products. They all come down sooner or later. Even Apple products.

Early comparisons of Apple products are meaningless when they had no competition. Their product cycles are shortening in response to competition, and while they are still on the top of the heap, they are definitely feeling the pressure. Even heard about rumors of a FREE older gen iPhone in the near future. (I suspect the whole industry will go that way, led by Google, but that is another discussion)

C

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123