Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    this forum is in a bubble.. its obvious nobody is buying the damn things.. Whats the latest "hot" electronic item that you have been able to go into any store and pick one up only after 11 days of it being released? When you think about it we are really suckers for being early adopters on this. For those of you who don't think size/weight is an issue is seriously insane. Whats the first thing people do when they see your touchpad and whats the first thing they say? Thats every consumer right there.
    When people see mine they either say "Is that an iPad? No, well what does it do?" or "I heard about that, can I see it?"

    And then I wow them with just type and multitasking and awesomeness. So that's consumers right there.

    The only people I've had make comments about the size were.....oh well nobody made comments about the size. IT's not a big deal.
  2. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Question: "-Where was all your comments when the first Apple IPhone (2G) off% this prices from $ 600.00 to $ 400.00?"! Was so, so, so bad and trash device that has to cut 33% to sell until today?

    I'm just curious about your positions...

    About this new values of TP... I sad because I cannot buy here!!!


    Best Regards...
    that was 4 years ago when the iPhone brought revolution to the mobile landscape. And the Iphone was selling like hotcakes. Not the case here, you don't find it concerning that other tablets have been on shelves for weeks(even months) and same price, while touchpad is getting price drops a week after launch?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    The touchpad debuted less than 2 weeks ago and it's already on sale? that's not a good sign at all. Sales must be slow, there are only so many people on this forum, that can't support hp and its retailers (for the touchpad)
    Well I don't see $50 bucks on a $500 dollar tablet being that huge of a sale. Thats only ten percent. Now the motorola Atrix on the otherhand which debuted on Bell for $200 is currently $24 bucks in about 3 months since it was released. Now THATS bad. Not to mention the Xoom dropping like crazy in price.
  4. #24  
    I think the xoom (and most android tablets, and phones) suffer from mass depreciation mostly due to how many android tablets there are; the speed of the product cycle and the incremental improvements of each new device compared to the prior.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  5. #25  
    for people who think it's a bad thing that futureshop has dropped the price in canada, well, it hasn't even been released. it's not a sale price. it's what the price will be.
  6. #26  
    Just got back from Best Buy. They honored the price drop on my 16GB, and then verified that they could match the drop on the 32GB in the store. I decided to make the switch since I also have a Pre and can get the $50 rebate. It's debatable whether the 16GB of additional flash storage is really worth the $45 difference, but the price drop and rebate brought the overall price lower and closer to what I expected to pay for the 16GB version to begin with.

    Aside from bouncing back and forth between customer service and their computer sales area it went pretty smooth. I think I've now taken advantage of all of the promotions HP has going thus far. :-P
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    that was 4 years ago when the iPhone brought revolution to the mobile landscape. And the Iphone was selling like hotcakes. Not the case here, you don't find it concerning that other tablets have been on shelves for weeks(even months) and same price, while touchpad is getting price drops a week after launch?
    Anyone that knows how HP works knew this is exactly what they were planning when they announced launch prices. HP is well known for running and sponsoring discounts on retail prices. It's a tactic to give consumers that "I got a good deal" feeling.

    I think the iPad price is took high and the Transformer price is just right. If it weren't for these discounts plus the "make it right" rebate, I wouldn't bother with the TouchPad and would get a Transformer instead.
  8. #28  
    I went to a BestBuy today after getting off the phone wth a CSR. I asked about the price drop, she had no idea, but continued on to tell me they had 11 in stock. I asked if I could come down and buy one today. She said yes. I asked her three more times before I threw the phone down, and took off.

    I get to the store and talk to another CSR, who has no idea about the slash, so I pull the link up from Pre|Central, who then goes into the back to confirm with her manager, who agrees. She returns, TouchPad in both hands and informs me they don't have the accessories yet. I said that's alright and asked about warranty/return policy. I was told a 14-day trial period and she had to look up the warranty options.

    This is when she scans it & it says DO NOT SELL UNTIL 15 JULY 2011!!



    I ask her how much it would cost to buy it NOW. She repeatedly tells me over & over she can't... as I'm pulling out my black wallet stuffed with red $50s. Next thing you know, I'm surrounded by 3 managers, who " apologetically " explain they "can't". I grudgingly accept their answer, and tell them I don't like it....but I'll be back!
  9. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    just checked best buy 489/579. I wonder if they will cut me the difference on my best cc.
    Yes, I received a refund for approximately $21 this afternoon.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Question: "-Where was all your comments when the first Apple IPhone (2G) off% this prices from $ 600.00 to $ 400.00?"! Was so, so, so bad and trash device that has to cut 33% to sell until today?

    I'm just curious about your positions...

    About this new values of TP... I sad because I cannot buy here!!!


    Best Regards...
    The price was dropped after 2 months, not 2 weeks. Still shocking at the time.

    8GB iPhone Price Cut by $200, 4GB iPhone Gone

    Apple drops iPhone price by a third, early buyers not amused

    Some quotes the ARS link:
    "Apple enjoyed a strong iPhone release at the end of June"
    "In case it isn't obvious, I'm a bit stung by this move because I was right there in the lines on June 29th for an 8GB iPhone, right alongside Apple enthusiasts and regular John Does alike"
    "But this isn't about the enthusiasts who stood in line on June 29th"

    See the difference, there were lines for the first gen iPhone. Touchpad comparisons to Apple are not relevant. No lines for Touchpad.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Yes, I received a refund for approximately $21 this afternoon.
    I just got back from Best Buy after getting my price match.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I just got back from Best Buy after getting my price match.
    Same here.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    For those of you who don't think size/weight is an issue is seriously insane. Whats the first thing people do when they see your touchpad and whats the first thing they say? Thats every consumer right there.
    oh yea, most of my friends inspected the width first before commenting on the device itself.

    /sarcasm
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    for people who think it's a bad thing that futureshop has dropped the price in canada, well, it hasn't even been released. it's not a sale price. it's what the price will be.
    Which is not necessarily a bad thing, given the currency exchange rate.

    Maybe HP listened to me ranting.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #35  
    Interesting... cut 10% is indicates fail and not promotion when is about webOS, but cut 33% don't indicates despair after two months when is about iOS?

    Two weights, two measures?

    Well, I remember that the cut in IPhone 2G happen because the Steve Jobs has promised one a number that has not been achieved, and the shareholders was not satisfied with Jobs, and this cut was his last and desperated move...


    Best Regards...
  16. #36  
    what store did you go too?

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I went to a BestBuy today after getting off the phone wth a CSR. I asked about the price drop, she had no idea, but continued on to tell me they had 11 in stock. I asked if I could come down and buy one today. She said yes. I asked her three more times before I threw the phone down, and took off.

    I get to the store and talk to another CSR, who has no idea about the slash, so I pull the link up from Pre|Central, who then goes into the back to confirm with her manager, who agrees. She returns, TouchPad in both hands and informs me they don't have the accessories yet. I said that's alright and asked about warranty/return policy. I was told a 14-day trial period and she had to look up the warranty options.

    This is when she scans it & it says DO NOT SELL UNTIL 15 JULY 2011!!



    I ask her how much it would cost to buy it NOW. She repeatedly tells me over & over she can't... as I'm pulling out my black wallet stuffed with red $50s. Next thing you know, I'm surrounded by 3 managers, who " apologetically " explain they "can't". I grudgingly accept their answer, and tell them I don't like it....but I'll be back!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Question: "-Where was all your comments when the first Apple IPhone (2G) off% this prices from $ 600.00 to $ 400.00?"! Was so, so, so bad and trash device that has to cut 33% to sell until today?

    I'm just curious about your positions...

    About this new values of TP... I sad because I cannot buy here!!!


    Best Regards...
    The realllllly sad part is that $600 there was unbelievable demand, that's $600 SUBSIDIZED! There were lines in ever location iphone was sold, campers, mayhem, news coverage.

    Obviously, a complete success. To make the phone attractive to even a wider consumer base, price was lowered (not because it wasn't selling well or Apple was losing money). Plus early adopters got a refund anyways.

    Ever since, every iphone launch is followed by lines and high demand.

    Yet, none can be said of any other device. phone or tablet.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Interesting... cut 10% is indicates fail and not promotion when is about webOS, but cut 33% don't indicates despair after two months when is about iOS?

    Two weights, two measures?

    Well, I remember that the cut in IPhone 2G happen because the Steve Jobs has promised one a number that has not been achieved, and the shareholders was not satisfied with Jobs, and this cut was his last and desperated move...


    Best Regards...
    You should get some Ginkgo Biloba because your memory doesn't serve you well.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/13/2011 at 04:01 AM.
  19. #39  
    This is a good thing, fight Apple on both features and price and win in the value department. People dont want to pay 500, 600 dollars for a netbook competitor.
  20. #40  
    @kjb86 Sunridge just off 16th Ave NE. Their "display" consisted of a small sign & 32" flatscreen, no demo models. I actually went into Futureshop the other day & put one on hold there, but due to them telling me I could buy one today, I went there(& $70 off). But I think I read that same deal for FS as well.

    Down to 60 hours or so now.... I did find a nice Traxxas RC 4X4 for $300 on kijiiji to chase my dog around with(60MPH) & keep me pre-occupied until Friday(not working)

    I can REALLY see myself using less phone & more tablet very soon.

    Time to put the phone back into cell phone!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions