Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By atifareen
  • 2 Post By StuckwVerizon
  1.    #1  
    I got the TP (Touchpad) for my wife.

Out of all the phones she owned, palm pre was the only one she just loved.

The card style navigation is great and the email app is nice too but other than that, i dont see much of a difference between the rest of the lesser tablets and this one.
    I have been having issues with the device ever since start. Had a hard time adding Skype account to the list and after chatting with HP support for about an hour finally was told to try a restart. That worked and got skype to work but next day it stopped working again. Now a restart is not even fixing it.
    It would not open any pdfs attached to my email. After a restart it worked but again stopped working next day. And I find that I canít edit any documents.
    The last straw is that now it doesnít wake from sleep mode and the home button just blinks. I tried holding the power and home button down (like the ipod reset), It restarted the TP but now skype doesnít work and pdf docs donít open from email.

I am getting frustrated with this and am thinking of returning it but want to wait for the update to see if that fixes all the issues.

I donít have anything against the touchpad, I would like to keep it but for a $600 price tag they should not have all these problems.
    Anyone else have had similar issues and got them fixed? Please advice
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Maybe you got a bad device. Anyone else having these problems?
    I'm having a number of small niggling issues with the TP and I will be returning mine towards the end of this week. I haven't tried Skype as I don't use it. I have Vonage and can call internationally as part of my bill. I'll be keeping my eye on the updates though and seeing how things progress. I thought that I'd be using my TP more but I am not I think part of it is that it's just too early and there are a lack of apps. As a dev I do get access to the upcoming releases so I can at least use the emulator to try those out and see what additions are coming up. Build wise the TP feels great.
    I think it's known issue. I've seen alot of people required it to reboot the machine. And some random reboot. Or doesn't make up from sleep, i've seen Veer does that too.

I think you should just return your TouchPad and wait to see if HP actually fix everything on their update. Don't get too frustrated.
    I do not have any of those mentioned problems (PDFs and Skype work well). I absolutely love my Touchpad. The update should fix a lot of the small bugs mentioned by others, but those don't sound like small bugs. I think there is a problem with that device.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Maybe you got a bad device. Anyone else having these problems?
    No, my device is working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc1213 View Post
    I do not have any of those mentioned problems (PDFs and Skype work well). I absolutely love my Touchpad. The update should fix a lot of the small bugs mentioned by others, but those don't sound like small bugs. I think there is a problem with that device.
    same here. After installed some patches from preware my touchpad became more faster and smooth. Skype worked from first time without any problem.

I recommend before you return it or wait for update, doctor it. Just use WebOS Doctor for Touchpad and see what happens.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    same here. After installed some patches from preware my touchpad became more faster and smooth. Skype worked from first time without any problem.

I recommend before you return it or wait for update, doctor it. Just use WebOS Doctor for Touchpad and see what happens.
    My point is why do i need to install some stuff from preware to make it run smooth. for that price point it should be good to go straight from the box. I just want it to work, not be the doctor to fix it...

what is this webos doctor?
    Tikkanen and emceesquared like this.
    TouchPad price is also going down. It's already $450 and $550. Just return your TouchPad and wait til all the bugs are fixed by HP. I think Preware isn't the answer to your problem. Don't get frustrated, return it and buy it when it's ready. You will probably gonna save money as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post

+1 on the Preware patches. My Touchpad is smoking fast now. I hope the same things are implemented in the OTA (disable logging, download throttle, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    TouchPad price is also going down. It's already $450 and $550. Just return your TouchPad and wait til all the bugs are fixed by HP. I think Preware isn't the answer to your problem. Don't get frustrated, return it and buy it when it's ready. You will probably gonna save money as well.
    I agree, return it and wait for it to get fixed and the prices are dropping already. if you wait for hp to issue a fix, you could be waiting 6 months with hp/palms track record.
    I would wait for the OTA update. It has over a months worth of tweaks, keep in mind the current version on WebOS 3 on the TP was finalized a long time ago to get it onto all the production devices. I'm confident the update is going to bring a lot of updates and new functionality.
    You could return it and get the Touchpad 4G when it comes out. You have some time to get the extra money necessary for the 4G version and by then the software issues will (hopefully) have been fixed.