1.    #1  
    From what I've read, video supported on the TouchPad so far is Mp4 H264 with AAC audio. I've made several video files that are .mp4 with aac audio and they won't show up in the Photos & Videos App for the life of me. However, I can go into Gemini File Manager and see them and they'll launch and play using a media player window that fires up. If I know the TouchPad supports these video files I made having watched them play fine, why won't they show up in the Photos & Videos app? What do I need to do to get my Movies folder showing in there so it isn't as tedious to launch them? Thanks for any help/input.
    Your guess is as good as mine. I've side-loaded several videos and they never show up in the TP app. I've read other threads and followed their suggestions.

I've simply resigned myself to using the Internal app to launch the videos until HP can OTA fix the Photo/Video app.
    i uploaded recorded video from my Pre2 to Photobucket via email, and it doesnt show up, although the folder itself says there's a video in it..
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    try to put it in the "Downloads" folder

I originally had some music in "music" folder in the root of the device, but the TP didnt find it. Put the whole folder into the "Downloads" folder and it showed up fine.. for music at least, havent tried video yet
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    From what I've read, video supported on the TouchPad so far is Mp4 H264 with AAC audio. I've made several video files that are .mp4 with aac audio and they won't show up in the Photos & Videos App for the life of me. However, I can go into Gemini File Manager and see them and they'll launch and play using a media player window that fires up. If I know the TouchPad supports these video files I made having watched them play fine, why won't they show up in the Photos & Videos app? What do I need to do to get my Movies folder showing in there so it isn't as tedious to launch them? Thanks for any help/input.
    How large is your MP4 file,is it over 2G?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainlord View Post
    How large is your MP4 file,is it over 2G?
    Nope they are anywhere from 800megs to just over 1gig.
    I had a few .mp4 end up with the music player. It hasn't happened with .m4v files (yet). When files won't show up after Eject, they usually show up after a reboot.
    I put a Video folder in the root and a unique folder per movie under there (to work around the lack of tags/names on video files.
    I had the same problem yesterday when I tried my first couple of video transfers. I found that if I eject using the Windows 7 taskbar notification icon, I get the Ouch screen on my Touchpad and the video will not show up in the pics/videos app even though if I plug the TP back into the computer, it shows up in the directory as viewed through windows.

But, if I eject by right-clicking on the TP drive in My Computer, the disconnect is clean and the videos show up fine in pics/videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctormeatusa View Post
    ... if I eject by right-clicking on the TP drive in My Computer, the disconnect is clean and the videos show up fine in pics/videos.
    This appears to work for me also.
  10.    #10  
    Haha, I just checked my music app and thats where they are showing up for me as well. In the Unknown album. They won't launch out of there however, don't seem to do anything.
    Download "Handbrake" and covert your files using the preset "High Profile." Then just unplug the device, do not remove it safely. Give it a few minutes and they should appear on the photos&videos app. If they don't appear after a few minutes try resetting the device. This is the only method that has worked consistently for me. I hope that this helps!
    I created a subfolder under the DCIM folder named 'Video', and putting the video files there works fine. However they don't show any names on the touchpad, so I have no way of knowing which video is which.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I created a subfolder under the DCIM folder named 'Video', and putting the video files there works fine. However they don't show any names on the touchpad, so I have no way of knowing which video is which.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Jeremy
    Me too.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have no problems with videos so far. I put them into a Video folder on the TP's USB drive root with some subfolders for me and my little daughter. Just before I eject the USB drive in Windows Explorer (on my Windows 7 64 bit system) I quickly run HP Play Beta and wait until the TouchPad sync has completed.

For video transcoding I either use Handbrake (for ripping DVDs) or Any Video Converter Free (for AVI, FLV, or WMV files). In both cases I use the mp4 container with the H.264 video codec (usually 768-1200 kbit, 25/29.95 fps, same resolution as source) and the AAC audio codec (usually 128 kbit, 44 kHz, dual channel).

However, I also don't see the name of the video. So I tend to add a screen capture as cover art (via ID3 tag). A good free tool would be Mp3tag (is also supports video files).

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post

Anyone else seeing this?

-Jeremy
    Me too-I created a Video Folder the very first time I transferred ripped DVDs. Had not realized that this was a necessity, did it more for convenience. I too was searching for a way to see a name for the video files rather than going into Gemini. So wait and see for the next update.....
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just was fooling around with this, I used handbrake and made sure to have the .mp4, since the .m4v did not work the first time. I also created a Video folder in the hdd via Windows. Pretty annoying that we cannot see titles, but hopefully in the next OTA it will be addressed.