Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    A little known Advanced Gesture incorporated into the TouchPad is the ability to go straight to the launcher from an open application.

When in an open application, we all know you can swipe UP from the bottom area to get to card view, and then swipe UP again to bring up the launcher.

To get directly to the launcher, try this instead:
    Use the Advanced Gesture: Swipe UP from the bottom with TWO fingers. This will take you straight from an open app to the launcher.

Go forth and swipe!! (on your screen, not from a store)
    I don't have a touchpad, but for those who do and haven't owned WebOS yet, I'm sure this will be helpful =D
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

thats awesome!
    Nice find!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    A little known Advanced Gesture incorporated into the TouchPad is the ability to go straight to the launcher from an open application.

When in an open application, we all know you can swipe UP from the bottom area to get to card view, and then swipe UP again to bring up the launcher.

To get directly to the launcher, try this instead:
    Use the Advanced Gesture: Swipe UP from the bottom with TWO fingers. This will take you straight from an open app to the launcher.

Go forth and swipe!! (on your screen, not from a store)
    Maybe it's the finger nails. I just wasn't able to do it. It worked once, but all the other times, it came out the same as a one finger swipe and I got card view.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, it can be touchy for this advanced gesture, unfortunately. But the good thing is that they are thinking along those lines. Hopefully stuff like this will be tweaked and implemented to a higher degree.
    Hmmm...so I find that sometimes I get it to just pull up the card view instead of going to the launcher. I think it has to do with speed of the fingers. Anyone agree/disagree?
    Last edited by owall; 07/12/2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: correction
    I can get the launcher menu consistently- you do have to swipe a little slower than a "go to card view" swipe. I did also find that doing this will lock up both the browser and the precentral app. Both stop responding to any touches (save for "go to card view").
    Works also on my Pre2
    estebancam likes this.
    perhaps one should separate his fingers very slightly. This would, in effect, be like doing 2 UP SWIPES...just very quickly. If you keep both fingers very close, it seems there COULD be recognition as just one finger.

I do not have a TP, but perhaps someone could try.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I was getting behavior like two quick up swipes. I accidentally closed my card, instead, with one try. If it works for you, though, I'm happy for you. For me, it's a bit random.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have also experienced the browser lock up when doing this gesture. I have found that if you go all the way across the screen with the 2 finger seperated a little it will consistently bring up the launcher..
    Quote Originally Posted by awbishop View Post
    I have also experienced the browser lock up when doing this gesture. I have found that if you go all the way across the screen with the 2 finger seperated a little it will consistently bring up the launcher..
    I second that. In fact, it was the Precentral app that locked up on when trying this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Works fine on my TP and my Pre2. Thanks!
    Great discovery!! Will be doing this on a consistent basis from now on!
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    That's what I was looking for for about two hours! Thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Works also on my Pre2
    And with the phone (not the touchpad), in card view if you swipe from the side of the phone with two fingers, it moves two cards over at a time. If you swipe with three fingers it moves three cards over. If you can manage 4 fingers it moves 4 cards over. 5?
    Rnp likes this.
    nice!
    ...failure is NOT an option!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    is there a post somewhere with info on all the gesture? And when you say Advanced Gesture is this a added app or patch?
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Not good. I also can do it consistently but it locks up my browser each times (if two-finger swiping during browsing.) This is probably why it's not a published feature of TouchPad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast