1.    #1  
    Rich Dunbar has discovered that TTS works between Touchpads when he accidentally shared a URL. The Touchpads were logged into separate profiles.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post a link to the article due to the forum rules.

Edit:
    I'm sure I'm allowed to link to his Twitter account though! Twitter - RichDunbar
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/11/2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Thats cool. Easy sharing between friends (that is if both have touchpads). Would be cool if it worked with more than just URLs. But Im sure thats coming in the future.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Thats cool. Easy sharing between friends (that is if both have touchpads). Would be cool if it worked with more than just URLs. But Im sure thats coming in the future.
    Yep. The old Touchpad web page said that both devices needed to be logged into the same Profile for TTS to work. That piece of info seems to have been removed.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I wonder if phones will be able to do that.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    me too, cuz on the HP discover event they clearly mentioned that phone and tablet no longer needed to be on the same profile
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Has anyone been able to do this? I've been trying between 2 TouchPads (same profile) and I get nothing.

Even tried the suggestion from the article's writer (turn off BT on both devices, turn them off a few times) but I get nothing. Will keep trying... Maybe different profiles on both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yep. The old Touchpad web page said that both devices needed to be logged into the same Profile for TTS to work. That piece of info seems to have been removed.
    This is awesome news for real!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Are there any instructions on how to enable TTS? I've tried it several times now (even w/ different profiles, which shouldn't matter) and got nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Has anyone been able to do this? I've been trying between 2 TouchPads (same profile) and I get nothing.

Even tried the suggestion from the article's writer (turn off BT on both devices, turn them off a few times) but I get nothing. Will keep trying... Maybe different profiles on both?
    Two with same profile? Have some phone in this profile, too?

Can you say how is showed in hpwebos.com/profile?

I really want have my profile in two or more phones...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)