Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    First, I really like the TP and am a big fan of WebOS. I've noticed a few things over the past week of using the TP that appear to be a step backwards in the user interface of WebOS that seem to be specific to 3.0. (Maybe this should be in the WebOS forum rather than TP?)

1. I'm *constantly* trying to sweep cards around, and being denied. This is frustrating, and I'm not sure why the gestures we're used to aren't functional. Why can't a left sweep or right sweep navigate you through your web history in the browser, for example?

2. Can the 'back' button be standardized, please? Some apps, it's upper right, some lower right. Some have that ||| 'pane' sweep indicator...

Whatever you may think about Apple, their iron-fisted UI requirements has made for a consistent user experience, which is a good thing. Basic 'tools' should be where the user expects them, not flitting around the app at the whim of the dev.

This isn't a rant, and please don't take it that way. I'm just not fond of having to actively look for the back button.

-M
    Last edited by Mordac; 07/11/2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fixed spelling in title. D'oh!
    1. There is no gesture area so back swipes arent possible.

2. I would have to agree with you on that one. consistency should be there.
    Didn't like the touchpad experience too much.
    I'd say that apps should do away with back buttons entirely and focus on the sliding panes. That seems to be the logical progression of things on the TouchPad.

The Pre innovated by turning back buttons into a consistent back swipe.
    The TouchPad should go further and innovate by removing the need to go back at all.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yeah, I know there's no dedicated gesture area, but couldn't that functionality have been handled by a two-finger swipe, or any other consistent multi-touch gesture?

Sour grapes, I know.

Mostly I just want a consistent UI.

-M