Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have experienced a ton of random reboots (usually just Luna restarts) when using my Touchpad. I can not seem to find a common cause of it, but it is extremely annoying. Most recently using the notification bar on my Grooveshark app (I had purchased on my pre) or swiping away the last email in my notification bar has resulted in a restart.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Anyone else found a solution? I reported it to HP and they said hey have added it to their log but have not been able to help correct the problem.

Any advice or help would be great.
    I've had this problem when playing with flash, trying games and videos, but that's the only time I've had random reboots: when I'm doing too much.

Actually, one time I had to do a soft reset because it froze entirely.
    7 days of non stop use, not one crash or reboot while running multiple apps at once while also running streaming apps such as Pandora and flash. I wonder what you are doing different than me?
    I got mine yesterday and experienced a few reboots in the hours I had to use it.
    Hoping an OTA update fixes this issue, but like OP, I have not seen a common cause.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am not sure what is the cause of it but it is good to hear that most people are not having this issue. Have you used preware to install patches at all? My issues started from the first day I used it before using preware, but I am wondering if that might be an issue as well.

I love my touchpad but there is no reason a tablet should do this.
    I've had a couple of possible re-boots when the screen went to the HP logo for no apparent reason while I was in the middle of something. The normal homescreen re-appeared after a short time.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    I've had a couple of possible re-boots when the screen went to the HP logo for no apparent reason while I was in the middle of something. The normal homescreen re-appeared after a short time.
    This is the same issue that I am encountering. Seems to happen quite frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpreman View Post
    This is the same issue that I am encountering. Seems to happen quite frequently.
    That's called a Luna restart. The device doesn't reboot entirely. It just restarts Luna, which is the UI environment I think. It's not restarting webOS.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    The thread here is that the TP is doing something. THis has happened to me while using flash/facebook/gmail web site. Why does the normal gmail.com website take soooooooooooo long to load? Make no sense to me.
    Random reboots made me return my TP. Even after restoring it to default and without any apps it did it. oh well.. I'll try again later
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    That's called a Luna restart. The device doesn't reboot entirely. It just restarts Luna, which is the UI environment I think. It's not restarting webOS.
    That makes sense because the UI comes back much quicker than a boot from off.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Random reboots made me return my TP. Even after restoring it to default and without any apps it did it. oh well.. I'll try again later
    Same here. I don't know whether the random Luna restarts were hardware or software related.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    I had this issue the first two days I had my TP. Ran WebOS Doctor and it hasn't happened for over 24 hrs. Keeping fingers crossed.
    I think a lot of my reboots come from need for feeds... Seems to happen exclusively on that app
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    I had this issue the first two days I had my TP. Ran WebOS Doctor and it hasn't happened for over 24 hrs. Keeping fingers crossed.
    I tired a full system restart and didn't seem to fix the problem. Maybe I'll try running webos doctor.

I really wish HP would address or acknowledge this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I think a lot of my reboots come from need for feeds... Seems to happen exclusively on that app
    I don't have Need for Feeds....
    I tired a full system restart and didn't seem to fix the problem. Maybe I'll try running webos doctor.

I really wish HP would address or acknowledge this issue.
    WebOS Doctor didn't help. I just had my first reboot since I Doctored it. On webchat with palm care now
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    WebOS Doctor didn't help. I just had my first reboot since I Doctored it. On webchat with palm care now
    They had me perform a system reset when I chatted with them. It did not fix the problem for me either. Let me know what they suggest to you and if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Ditto... Just had my first restart while using that app
    They had me perform a system reset when I chatted with them. It did not fix the problem for me either. Let me know what they suggest to you and if it works.
    They submitted a trouble ticket. I will get a callback from "advanced" tech support in the near future. I'll keep you posted.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast