Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Yep, me too - about five random reboot in the past 11 days.

Seems to only happen when I touch something using Java - the last time was this morning while reading an interactive thingy on The New York Times.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    They submitted a trouble ticket. I will get a callback from "advanced" tech support in the near future. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks, please keep me posted. I may do the same. When I was having this problem and chatted with the support guy, they said if the problem persists I may need a replacement Touchpad. Will be curious if they tell you the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpreman View Post
    Thanks, please keep me posted. I may do the same. When I was having this problem and chatted with the support guy, they said if the problem persists I may need a replacement Touchpad. Will be curious if they tell you the same.
    Talked to the first round of phone support. The rep was not very helpful and said a Level 3 rep will contact me within 2 days.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    Talked to the first round of phone support. The rep was not very helpful and said a Level 3 rep will contact me within 2 days.
    Thanks for the update, let me know how that goes. I hope there is a fix for this.
    this is a known issue. It happened to lots of tech reviewers too. For some reason, there is some serious instability in the device. I don't know if it is a relatively simple fix or tons of separate issues are independently cauaing reboots that have to be fixed.
    To me, this is the number 1 issue they have to address. Random reboots are not acceptable in 2011. I could not link it to a certain cause which make me think it is a deep issue.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    this is a known issue. It happened to lots of tech reviewers too. For some reason, there is some serious instability in the device. I don't know if it is a relatively simple fix or tons of separate issues are independently cauaing reboots that have to be fixed.
    To me, this is the number 1 issue they have to address. Random reboots are not acceptable in 2011. I could not link it to a certain cause which make me think it is a deep issue.
    +1.

I have to experience random reboots multiple times a day and can only hope that the soon to be OTA update will fix it.
    I totally agree with your statement. I have only seen one Luna restart in my 14 days of heavy use with the device. If anyone can please post what app they were using, what website they were on, or any other specific thing they were doing on their Touchpad when it crashed please let me know. I will try to replicate your issue as best that I can to see if it causes mine to crash also. That way we can send specifics to the HP engineers to get this fixed. I'm going to bed now but I'm not doing too much tomorrow so I can spend some time testing this issue.
    I random reboot in 1 week. I was on precentral
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I random reboot in 1 week. I was on precentral
    Sorry about that.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm having a lot of reboots with Exchange enabled. Its notifications cause a reboot on my TP several times a day.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Weirdness. I was fully expecting to have them happen all the time, but after almost two weeks I have only seen it happen once. Like someone else, it was on precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpreman View Post
    Thanks for the update, let me know how that goes. I hope there is a fix for this.
    Received my followup call today. The rep told me to exchange my Touchpad for a new one since the majority of my reboots occur when I press the power button to wake the TP from sleep. FYI...I press the power button, the lock screen appears, and I cannot do anything. The screen is frozen for about 20 seconds, then the TP reboots.

I am a bit skeptical, but Costco is good with exchanges. I think I will go get a new one tomorrow.
    Up until yesterday, I only had three, maybe four, random reboots since release day. Since yesterday, I'm getting them frequently. I had about four or five yesterday and four already today. All have appeared to be luna restarts given the amount of time it takes for the TP to come back to life. In just about every case it was right after throwing an app card off the screen. Not fun and getting very annoying.

Update: Forgot to mention 95% of the restart occurrences were after tossing the browser card
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 07/18/2011 at 07:34 PM.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    +1.

I have to experience random reboots multiple times a day and can only hope that the soon to be OTA update will fix it.
    This is where I'm at. Almost every webpage I go to makes it Luna Restart. The only thing I can do on here is read emails and play angry birds. Its making me an angry bird!
    Opened up Kindle book. Went to website referenced in the book, played a few 1 minute videos with audio. When they were done, I went to toss the the website card and...

REBOOT
    I have only had a few reboots (luna restarts), but it is mainly from when I start experiencing lag or extreme slowness from the interface. It could be from to much starting at once to just because.
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    I've had 4 luna restarts, and the last 2 happened when performing up swipe action to minimize card.
    I see pandas.
    Ive had my TP for about 3 days now and I have had about 10 luna restarts.... No rime or reason.... Screen freezes then it restarts....
    I am having occasional reboots but they seem to happen after browser use the most. I had one lock up that required a restart. Good luck with the tech support--they proved to be worthless to me. Much better chances of resolution from this site.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have had several reboots sense day one. I have noticed my reboots happen as I a performing an up swipe from the bezel.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast