Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Amazon is now listing the 16gb model for 489.00. You can still get it for $485 via newegg if you use their preferred account line of credit. In that case, it will appear as a credit in the invoice at a later time. Offer expires July 20th. I wonder how low amazon will take the 16gb? Look how far they discount the 32gb; $572 right now.

There is a seller on ebay offing 16gb versions at $450 for first bid, I'm hoping I can slip in there and snag one for $450. In any event, I'm real close to getting a touchpad. After seeing that video of glimpse app in action, I'm sold. Only thing I'll want now is an ereader app that functions like ibooks on the ipad; double tab for dictionary define, highlight, etc. If none appears by the time I've learned JSJSJS, $jquery$ $and$ $enyo$, $I$'$ll$ $create$ $it$ $my$ $damn$ $self$! :-)
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Best Buy also has a price drop.

32GB: $579.99 ($20 off)
    16GB: $489.99 ($10 off)

A reminder, you can go to Best Buy with a recipe and get the difference refunded since it's within the 30 day price guarantee.

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA
    HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post

A reminder, you can go to Best Buy with a recipe and get the difference refunded since it's within the 30 day price guarantee.

What I really want is for them to cook it for me
    __
    This is interesting how the prices have dropped in only a week! Glad I got my price difference refunded from Amazon.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Costco is also at $579.99 for the 32 gig with a free case (not the official case, but a free one nonetheless).
    If you don't need it immediately, I would recommend waiting until September. I suspect it will be further discounted around that timeframe.
    WOHOO! Hope it keeps going down! Better for me. I REALLY Want one but money is sorta right. I guess I shall be waiting into August.
  7.    #7  
    Well, Newegg has it for 489 plus that $15 credit that is applied within 1-2 billing cycles, that is good enough for me. Ordered; god I hope it works out. The last tablet I broke up with was the ipad and I haven't dated since. I'm soo picky when it comes to technology. My biggest concern is the little odd rendering quirks in the browser; I really hope that is include in the first OTA or something pops up in preware to help with it.

I swear if I see a notice about the TP2 coming out this xmas I'll shoot some one! :-)

I just got off the phone with Best Buy and they gave me the difference toward my credit. Also if you're a Reward Zone member you get 45 days instead of the 30 days. And you can request it the 30-day price guarantee as many times as you want; after the first time they'll forward the request to their credit and billing team.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Wow just think of how cheap we could be getting pre3's if they actually existed.

I Went to Best Buy to get the sale price on my July 1st purchase. They told me that it's for 14 days, not 30 days. Since I was in the 14 day window I was fine, but just wanted people to know what they told me (correct or not).
    Seems like everyone is having some discount off the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    If you don't need it immediately, I would recommend waiting until September. I suspect it will be further discounted around that timeframe.
    Yeah, I imagine they will have a back to school type sale. Maybe even bundle it with an HP laptop or something too.
    I am really hoping for 550 no tax + f S&H.
    As expected, Amazon has begun the price war by shooting first. They slashed the 16gb TouchPad by $10, and cut the 32gb by 27.34%, which will only cost you $572.65!

I guess those who waited a few weeks have now saved themselves a few extra dollars.

HP TouchPad 16gb
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer: Computer & Accessories

HP TouchPad 32gb
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer: Computer & Accessories
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNoso11 View Post
    As expected, Amazon has begun the price war by shooting first. They slashed the 16gb TouchPad by $10, and cut the 32gb by 27.34%, which will only cost you $572.65!
    Cutting by 27.34% would have made the price $436, instead Amazon cut it by around 4 1/2%.
    If the OTA (coming "in about 10 days" HP Reorganizes Todd Bradley) is any good, its possible these will be the deepest price cuts we will see for awhile.
    I know you guys wanna spin this as a positive, but multiple big stores discounting just after a week of the release is not a good sign.
    Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Cutting by 27.34% would have made the price $436, instead Amazon cut it by around 4 1/2%.
    If the OTA (coming "in about 10 days" HP Reorganizes Todd Bradley) is any good, its possible these will be the deepest price cuts we will see for awhile.
    obviously this was $27.34, not 27.34%.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Especially with that "leaked slide" that the 64GB model is round the corner.
    I hate the fact that prices are going down because obviously they are not selling as much.

BUT it is good for me, I guess I will wait just a bit longer (I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT CAN TAKE)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast