Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    I hate the fact that prices are going down because obviously they are not selling as much.

BUT it is good for me, I guess I will wait just a bit longer (I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT CAN TAKE)
    Oh, you can take it a little longer.

Right now, there is really no compelling reason to get a TouchPad. Yes that is coming from a person who blindly bought one on day 2. After a week, I'm considering a return. Bottom line -- there is NOTHING that I can do on my TouchPad that I can't already do on my Pre2. Heck, in all honesty, the TouchPad does LESS than my Pre2. It's just a bigger screen. I can't even do something as simple as read a book on my TP.

I've been a huge webOS supporter. Like a lot of people, I've held out for the "coming months" to see the new products. I think I'm done playing the role of fan boy
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post

Right now, there is really no compelling reason to get a TouchPad. Yes that is coming from a person who blindly bought one on day 2. After a week, I'm considering a return. Bottom line -- there is NOTHING that I can do on my TouchPad that I can't already do on my Pre2. Heck, in all honesty, the TouchPad does LESS than my Pre2. It's just a bigger screen. I can't even do something as simple as read a book on my TP.

I've been a huge webOS supporter. Like a lot of people, I've held out for the "coming months" to see the new products. I think I'm done playing the role of fan boy
    You can't open a pdf or mobi file? That sucks. I have a few thousand books just sitting on my drive.
    Ouch. And YAY! if the 32GB hits $550 or less before the "make it right" deal goes away I might just bite.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    You can open PDF files with the Touchpad. You can even open several PDF docs at same time! Mobi files is a completely different issue. However, PReader might work for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    What I really want is for them to cook it for me
    Don't worry, I'm sure the overclock patches are coming soon.
    I got mine on July 3 at BB, they sent out 10% coupons for the 4th weekend sale, so I paid $540 for the 32G. It's all just sales tactics, doesn't mean anything about the product. Retail is what it is.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I got mine on July 3 at BB, they sent out 10% coupons for the 4th weekend sale, so I paid $540 for the 32G. It's all just sales tactics, doesn't mean anything about the product. Retail is what it is.
    Sale Tatics aweek into launch? The veer's current pricing must also be a sales tatic.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    You can't open a pdf or mobi file? That sucks. I have a few thousand books just sitting on my drive.
    You can open PDF files. But all my books are in ePub format. pReader is great, but on the TouchPad, it is just 'legacy' app and shows up inside a small screen.
    Yep. received mine yesterday - it's a slip case. Also I called Costco.com to refund the difference and the rep told me that my pre-order had free shipping and with the new $579.99 price there is a 9.99 shipping cost. So I received about 11 bucks back (return of tax).

And there is nothing my ipad does that I can't do on my ipod touch. This is supposed to be some sort of big surprise?
    You can open PDF files. But all my books are in ePub format. pReader is great, but on the TouchPad, it is just 'legacy' app and shows up inside a small screen.
    Then download Calibre on your PC which is freeware and convert them into any format you want. Takes a matter of minutes.
    Am I nuts or does Calibre have the absolute worst interface ever created in a software product?
    I hate the fact that prices are going down because obviously they are not selling as much.

BUT it is good for me, I guess I will wait just a bit longer (I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT CAN TAKE)
    Prices are going down because retailers are being competative. I've watched this happen on just about every tablet i've had my eye on in the last year. The iPad is price controlled by apple. If you lower the price they will not give you any more products to sell. This is how they manage their premium brand image.
    Retailers barely being able to keep iPad 2s in stock even at full price doesn't hurt either.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Prices are going down because retailers are being competative. I've watched this happen on just about every tablet i've had my eye on in the last year. The iPad is price controlled by apple. If you lower the price they will not give you any more products to sell. This is how they manage their premium brand image.
    Is that why Apple wouldn't let Costco sell iPads and eventually just pulled all their stuff from Costco?

Oh, you're right, that's why.

I hope it keeps going down. As a college student I need to save money.
    The reason prices are going down is because it is a subtle way of undercutting the Ipad. Though being that it was 'originally' the same price as the Ipad at launch makes the product feel the on the same caliber. Personally I feel its better..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12