1.    #1  
    Hi

I've just got my TouchPad and set up Skype, for some reason people can see me (although quality is not great.) However I cannot see them.

I can hear them, but not see them.

Does anyone know how to resolve this or experiencing the same problem?

Thanks
    Mark
    make sure you have both accepted video. Also try calling them on a PC first so you can compare.

I have been able to see them and they have been able to see me (although they probably wish they didnt).
    I have this same problem, basically! It's strange though, I've skype'd three PCs fine, both ways. But I've tried to Skype two others, who were on Macs...and couldn't.

I hate to make assumptions, but has any one else had that problem?
    For me skype worked great.
    I had trouble skype videoing someone on a Mac; the audio was there but video wouldn't work. Video button just went grey when pushed... neither one of us saw it.
    I chatted with HP and was told that there is a problem with Skype in the phone app, but that if you initiate the call through the messaging app it works. I actually did a call like this the other day, and it worked fine, but don't know if that is really why.
  6.    #6  
    Hi

I still can't get it to work! I tried through the messaging app but the call didn't work? Where else could I try? Its very frustrating as I need to use SKype for work!

Mark

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    HP has said this issue will be fixed in the patch
    after the 3.0.2 update I am STILL having MAJOR ISSUES with Skype video calling... This is very important to me as I am moving to London soon for semester abroad... HP PLEASE FIX!
    Same issue for me too. Update did nothing as far as I can tell. Still can't see incoming video, everything else works great. Tried on mac and pc btw.
    Update seems to have resulted in a smoother video for me. It is still not the best quality but it is smoother than before.
    If you have Skype 5.5, it will not work with Touchpad. Download the Skype 5.3 from Download.com and it works perfect. I have notified Level 3 personnel since they have not a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My experience before the 3.0.2 update was that it would not work, and now after.... it works, but very poor video quality. I connected to someone on a IPhone & a PC, audio was good but video was useless. I also attempted a call to a PC within my same local network, same results. This is one of the "features" that really helped me decide to buy the TP.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Same issue: video doesn't work when calling a mac... Audio work, though not so well: people don't hear me very well
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Skype 5.5 for windows has been updated to fix this issue: Skype - Skype Garage blog - Skype 5.5 for Windows hotfix