1.    #1  
    After I have installed Preware on my TP, is there any reason to keep developer mode turned on? I turned it of after the Preware install, and Preware still seems to run ok. Should I keep developer mode on or off?
    it doesn't hurt to leave it on, or turn it off.

most people leave it on.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, but are there any benefits/drawbacks/risks to leaving it on?
    No drawbacks. If you plan on using webOS Quick Install a lot, then you might as well leave dev mode on.
  5.    #5  
    Please excuse the simple questions of a webos newbie - just trying to figure things out. Is developer mode=on required in order to use Preware? Or is it only needed to run QuickInstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    Please excuse the simple questions of a webos newbie - just trying to figure things out. Is developer mode=on required in order to use Preware? Or is it only needed to run QuickInstall?
    You dont need Dev Mode on to use Preware. You DO need it on for Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    You dont need Dev Mode on to use Preware. You DO need it on for Quick Install.
    Right. WebOS Quick Install is used to install Preware onto your Pre or Veer or TouchPad or Pixi. Once Preware is installed, you may turn off dev mode if you want.
    Last edited by speedtouch; 07/11/2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
  8.    #8  
    That's what I needed to know. I'm sometimes leery of turning on system settings when I don't completely understand the extent of what they allow.

Thanks for the clarification.