1.    #1  
    Has anyone experienced this problem? I am unable to plug in my set of earphones... I tried both my beats earphone and some standard Apple earphones I had lying around...

It would seem the plug is too rescest in not allowing for the plug to fully connect...

Is this a manufacturing defect?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    sounds like you have older headphones? It's not a defect.
  3.    #3  
    These earphones (my Beats one) are brand new
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    These earphones (my Beats one) are brand new
    Works for me, might want to check if you have something stuck in your earphone jack..either that are you may have a defect
  5.    #5  
    the jack is clear of any obstruction.. it seems the bezel surrounding the jack is too thick to allow a proper connection ...
    I had a similar problem with my headphones. I have a pair of beats that has a volume control on them and when I inserted them into the touchpad I could hear the audio thru the headphones but I could also hear the audio come from the touchpads speakers as well. At first I thought the same thing as you, that the headphones were not making a good connection. I finally figured out that I had to press the volume button on the headphones to make the audio come only thru the headphones. I assume that this is a bug because I can't figure a reason why anyone would want the audio coming thru the touchpads speakers while having your headphones in.
  7.    #7  
    I hear no audio whatsoever in the earphones....
    did you push them in hard enough for them to 'click'?
  9.    #9  
    thats the thing.. they never click.. its as if the hole on the bezel is too small to allow the earphones to push in completely...
    My skullcandy didnt work at first, but my Pre ones did. After I had the Pre ones in for awhile it seemed to loosen the jack enough that the skullcandys went in (with a little extra force). Same thing happened with my first Pre. Apparently they make very tight connectors.
    The good news is that the skullcandy have a button too, which can still pause and change tracks on the Touchpad, like the Pre. JOY.
  11.    #11  
    Well, after speaking with HP, it would seem I got a pre production unit ... which was bought at Best buy?!?! ... anyhow, seeing that I bought in the US and live in Canada, I was <<mod delete>> out of luck and HP couldn't help me... drove to Plastsburgh and returned it... pre-orded (at a lower price mind you) from FS...
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/14/2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: language
    How did they determine it was a preproduction unit?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
    How did they determine it was a preproduction unit?
    Because of the physical defect... I guess some of the earlier batch were built with a defect earphone input?

That or they just pulled that out of their you know what
    Do you know if it's the headphones with volume control or all headphones? I have Beats Audio headphones and I can't get the volume control cord to plug all the way in, but the regular one will although it doesn't take a ton for it to get pulled out.
    I haven't had problems with several headsets. Today I borrowed Beats earbuds from someone at work and they also worked fine.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreese View Post
    Do you know if it's the headphones with volume control or all headphones? I have Beats Audio headphones and I can't get the volume control cord to plug all the way in, but the regular one will although it doesn't take a ton for it to get pulled out.
    For me? All headphones didn't fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you push them in hard enough for them to 'click'?
    I have a case and have noticed You really need to push down hard for them to be connected.