Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobsentell
  1.    #1  
    This morning, I was carrying my TouchPad to the computer desk. My three year old daughter says, "Daddy, I want iPad."

    I responded with, "Baby, it's called a TouchPad."

    So she said, "Daddy, I want Touch iPad."

    :facepalm:


    On the plus side though, she knows how to open Angry Birds and she knows how to flip the cards off the screen. We'll get her there...
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  2. #2  
    Classic...Three? Yikes they start young. Sorli...
  3. #3  
    lol very cute! My 3 yearold also plays angry birds on my pre plus... Trying to keep him off MY TouchPad!
  4. #4  
    i think she knows it's a touchpad... she's just tellin ya... She wants an iPad

    prolly all the kids at her daycare are rocking the iPad.

    on a simliar note... my daughters school are loaded with all Macs from kindergarden up and remember one day talking computers and discover she thought pc's were invented by apple. i've always ran windows from 3.11 so that was surprising. steve jobs reallly knows how to get them early.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    This morning, I was carrying my TouchPad to the computer desk. My three year old daughter says, "Daddy, I want iPad."

    I responded with, "Baby, it's called a TouchPad."

    So she said, "Daddy, I want Touch iPad."

    :facepalm:


    On the plus side though, she knows how to open Angry Birds and she knows how to flip the cards off the screen. We'll get her there...
  5. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #5  
    Im "trying" to keep my kids off the TouchPad, but once they saw Angry Birds on it they were hooked. (although my son calls it flingin' chickens! )
  6. #6  
    I was in Best Buy the other day and a little girl was running about, looking at the tablets, she'd pick one up, say "Is this the Ipad? I want the Ipad." She'd picked up the Xoom, "That's not an Ipad." She sat it down and moved on. Her dad saw the Touchpad and said "Oh, HP's got one out now too."
    Seems everyone I run into who doesn't know otherwise assumes the Touchpad is the Ipad. I think the first big hill for not only the Touchpad but the entire tablet market will be to make people realize the market exists, not just the one product. Make people think "I'm going go buy a tablet" and look at which one to buy as opposed to "I'm going to go buy an Ipad."
    Stay Hungry. Satisfied people never change the World.
  7. #7  
    Yeah it amazes me how many people didnt even notice tablets until the ipad. I was at a bbq and i was talking about laptops with someone and a girl in the conversation was like "yeah i want an ipad, a guy i work with has one and he takes notes with it with a pen" then i said to her are you sure it was an ipad? And then she looked at me puzzled like what else could it be. Sometimes its just to hard to break through the ignorance to let people know there are other cool things out there that are not apple.
  8. #8  
    Bamboo for iPad | Wacom Americas

    the app is really great. i dont use the stylus and really dont need it.



    Quote Originally Posted by yourdiyguy View Post
    Yeah it amazes me how many people didnt even notice tablets until the ipad. I was at a bbq and i was talking about laptops with someone and a girl in the conversation was like "yeah i want an ipad, a guy i work with has one and he takes notes with it with a pen" then i said to her are you sure it was an ipad? And then she looked at me puzzled like what else could it be. Sometimes its just to hard to break through the ignorance to let people know there are other cool things out there that are not apple.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    flingin' chickens!
    I love it! That's what I'm calling it from now on.

    -Skippy
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Bamboo for iPad | Wacom Americas

    the app is really great. i dont use the stylus and really dont need it.

    yeah i know they ipad has a stylus and i have tried it, BUT would not use it to take quick or important notes. the point i was getting at is that people think that if its a tablet it must be an ipad and that is just not true. I would much rather have an older tab that runs windows 7 or ubuntu than the ipad for business use/note taking. I would really like a tab that could boot win7 ubuntu and webos but i dont think that will happen soon enough. I forgot to add the girl had now clue if it was an ipad or not, just assumed it was.

Posting Permissions