1.    #1  
    is there any way to turn off the search engine notification?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Are you referring to the "Tap to Add as a search engine" notifications? They are annoying and I'd love to be able to turn them off...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I find it odd that I keep getting asked to set up Amazon, Ars Technica, CNET, etc. but I can't get Bing to show up. Bing usually gives me better results than Google.
    Agree... Would love to turn them off.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    id like to be able to stop those as well!!
    I'm not next to my TP at the moment (at work), but if I remember right the other day I was trying to delete some of the ones that were added; however, it didn't appear it let me. Am I crazy, or can you not actually delete these (only uncheck them).
    I'd like to be able to turn off these popups as well. I don't want to ever see this notification. At least, I'd like for the browser to know when I've dismissed the notification (for 'PreCentral Search' for example) at least 30 times already.

Is there a patch for this?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    I'm not next to my TP at the moment (at work), but if I remember right the other day I was trying to delete some of the ones that were added; however, it didn't appear it let me. Am I crazy, or can you not actually delete these (only uncheck them).
    I think deleting your history deletes the search options from just type. You can definitely get rid of them.
    I've noticed that if you swipe right on the search engine notification message to dismiss it, I haven't been prompted a second time for that same site.
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoSolo View Post
    I've noticed that if you swipe right on the search engine notification message to dismiss it, I haven't been prompted a second time for that same site.
    Not being jerk here, but do you mean swipe 'right' on the notification versus swiping 'left'. Or do you mean swipe 'right on the notification'?

I only ask because I think my natural inclination is to swipe left to clear notifications.

It might also be that I've been doctoring a bit lately with with a FrankenPrePlus job, a 2.1 upgrade, redoctor for stupidity, and a redoctor to get PRL update working that I'm seeing the same notifications over and over.

I did notice that you can delete any unwanted search engines out of the preferences by side-swiping them.