1.    #1  
    Some websites force all tablets and phones to use their mobile site. Is there a way to bypass this on the TouchPad?

The site that is giving me the most trouble is Genesis 1 KJV - Bible - YouVersion.com.
    I checked out the site on my phone. Apparently they have a webOS app. Dont know if its for the Touchpad though. HP should have made every website go straight to the desktop version as a default feature on the Touchpad. I would want this on my phone.
  3.    #3  
    The app hasn't been updated to fill the TP screen. I emailed their support and they said their site redirects all tablets and mobile devices to their mobile site. The weird thing is that 3 days ago, I was browsing the full site. I guess they recently added the TP as a tablet device.
    I'm running into the exact same problem on the same site. I hit them up on twitter and got a response that they'd look into it, but nothing since.

Odd thing is that my TP used to load the full version of the site, then after I brought the TP to their attention the site started loading only the mobile version. :-(
    When I got the TouchPad on release day I checked a few websites that had less than usable mobile versions and was happy to see the normal site loaded and worked great on the TouchPad. Within a few days, however, those same sites now redirected me to their mobile version.

I imagine they do that to save their own bandwidth and to cut back on complaints of their site not being mobile friendly, but we have a very usable browser now and don't want the mobile site.
    Yeah, it's up to individual sites to decide how they handle touchpads when they read a page. Not sure if the user agent can be spoofed in webos or not.
    ESPN does this too... sadly I think this is industry standard practice at the moment.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Some sites go to mobile for me and some do not.
    Maybe this is something could be changed in the 'advanced browser' by Maklesoft that is being released. I know that when I use my iPhone, the browser that I use (atomic) allows me to select what the browser is identified as on a website.. mobile, IE, firefox, safari...etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    the browser that I use (atomic) allows me to select what the browser is identified as on a website.. mobile, IE, firefox, safari...etc
    This is exactly what we need in webos because I'm tired of being redirected to mobile sites because they are pretty much useless. I have the same problem on my pre and it's just as frustrating and on some webpages that have the option to load the full site it won't work.