1.    #1  
    Since the on device editing of documents isn't working, I thought I'd go to the box.net web site, right click on a file and use the web based editing tools (either the google docs editor or the zoho editor). However, when I go there, the site displays, but none of the links are active. I can't open directories or select files. Has anyone else tried this and are you having the same issues?
    personal accounts can only upload and download. Business accounts can doc sync, integrate with google apps (whatever that means) and do password protected sharing.
  3.    #3  
    From my desktop, I can edit files using either the Google Apps or Zoho editor. Doc syncing isn't available as you said, although there is an app (docsinoffice I think) that allows me to open documents directly from the desktop version of office. What I'd really like to do is to open my word documents on my box.net account with the google apps editor like I can with Chrome.
    I have the same free 50GB personal Box.net account that everyone with a TouchPad got this week and I can drag and drop files from my desktop to the webpage using Firefox just as the site describes and I've had no problem with this.

I've tried XLSX, DOCX and TXT files and they opened with QuickOffice with no problem.

What I have a problem with is the Box.net webdoc files. Where using Firefox I create a blank webdoc document then paste some text into and then save it. Next I open the Box.net app on the TouchPad and find the file I just saved on my desktop in the window on the left where I select it then tap on the "Open File" button in the pane on the right, where it opens the browser and throws the error "Cannot open MIME type" with two buttons "OK" and "Cancel", and leaves me with a blank browser page.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Box.net is working fine for me. I've uploaded a few documents and retrieved them on my TPad app without an issue.

I will say that it was a little strange trying to set things up. I wanted to jump in head first but there's this step-by-step tutor that was pestering me. So I went through a few steps and things worked fine from there.

The docs don't automatically synch. I do have to upload from my laptop if I make changes.
    Use the app instead. Banged my head against the wall until I remembered the app was in my launcher.

It was just natural after logging in on the computer to log in the same way on the Tpad.

App works great.
    Works fine for me!
    I did not see on either app version a choice to edit using tools
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I did not see on either app version a choice to edit using tools
    thats because you cant edit in the app. You wont be able to edit until they enable quick office editing on the TP.
    The app is fine for uploading and downloading but it has no other capability such as rename, move, delete, copy etc. Surely these will come in time. The box.net website doesn't work for me at all in the webOS browser - I have to manage my files on a PC.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    The app is fine for uploading and downloading but it has no other capability such as rename, move, delete, copy etc. Surely these will come in time. The box.net website doesn't work for me at all in the webOS browser - I have to manage my files on a PC.
    Thanks... I guess I didn't explain my question very well, but that's the information I was looking for. At least I know it's not just me! Guess I'll do my document editing over on Google docs until this gets resolved!
    I plan to contact box to ask them if they are aware....and if they're going to add more functionality to the app.

"The main Box site is not optimized for touch interfaces, so it experiences issues on all touch based browsers, inclusing the touchpad.

We are looking into increasing the functionality of our apps, but do not currently have a timeframe for a release of these enhancements. "
    Last edited by db3.uk; 07/11/2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    Since the on device editing of documents isn't working, I thought I'd go to the box.net web site, right click on a file and use the web based editing tools (either the google docs editor or the zoho editor). However, when I go there, the site displays, but none of the links are active. I can't open directories or select files. Has anyone else tried this and are you having the same issues?
    I have the exact same issue. Not being able to view the comment thread for shared folders from the touchpad browser really sucks.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    I plan to contact box to ask them if they are aware....and if they're going to add more functionality to the app.

"The main Box site is not optimized for touch interfaces, so it experiences issues on all touch based browsers, inclusing the touchpad.

We are looking into increasing the functionality of our apps, but do not currently have a timeframe for a release of these enhancements. "
    Thanks. I just had the same question - I wanted to just "preview" some of the JPG photos uploaded to my Box.net account. This is so easy on the web interface while the webOS application needs me to download each file before i can view them.

So I opened box.net website on my Touchpad browser and after logging in, I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nothing on the website responds to a tap (which should mean click). I dont know how they designed their website but this looked like a basic functionality - and many more websites should break on TP if they were not "optimized for touch interfaces". While I dont know enough to say whether it is the WebOS browser or the box.net website who dropped the ball here, the fact that none other websites are SO DEAD on the TP Browser suggests the website designers missed something fundamental.

Glad to see this post -- as most other posts on the thread seemed off-track.

CONCLUSION: Box.net website is completely unusable on the Touchpad.

Failed Use Case: My friend who's visiting my place may want to show/share some stuff present on his box.net account but he cant do it on MY touchpad - whereas he can open any other website from the browser and log into his account and show/download just about anything.

I am surprised that the Box team hasn't fixed this basic functionality in so many months!!
    Last edited by albert_e; 09/26/2011 at 07:03 PM.