Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Why does flash full screen force screen orientation that doesnt work with the case's stand?
  2. #2  
    You must be watching full screen and with the TouchPad laying down for typing (speakers pointed away from you)? The video player won't play this way either.

    The case was designed for two positions.
    1. Upright with speakers down toward the table, generally for video playback.
    2. Laying down with speakers pointing away from you, generally for typing and more touch interaction.

    You have to position the TouchPad upright on the stand when playing flash or videos, with the speakers point down toward the table/desk.

    I agree, the TouchPad should play (and charge) in either orientation, speakers up or speakers down.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    You must be watching full screen and with the TouchPad laying down for typing (speakers pointed away from you)? The video player won't play this way either.

    The case was designed for two positions.
    1. Upright with speakers down toward the table, generally for video playback.
    2. Laying down with speakers pointing away from you, generally for typing and more touch interaction.

    You have to position the TouchPad upright on the stand when playing flash or videos, with the speakers point down toward the table/desk.

    I agree, the TouchPad should play (and charge) in either orientation, speakers up or speakers down.
    I am confused by this because the two positions that my stand uses both have the speakers facing down/towards me
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Why does flash full screen force screen orientation that doesnt work with the case's stand?
    it actually works perfectly with the stand and sorry to be blunt, but you just need to learn how to use the stand properly
  5. #5  
    Or they could do like the iPad, and have the orientation of the full screen match the accelerometer.
    So you can watch it in whatever position you like.

    Maybe someone can make a patch.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    it actually works perfectly with the stand and sorry to be blunt, but you just need to learn how to use the stand properly
    After playing with the stand I figured out how to sort of make it work.

    Still, is there a good reason why when you make flash full screen it auto-screen locks to a predetermined orientation?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    After playing with the stand I figured out how to sort of make it work.

    Still, is there a good reason why when you make flash full screen it auto-screen locks to a predetermined orientation?
    I think its just because of the speaker orientation. Apparently HP really wants you to get the most out of your speakers, and wanted to make sure that if you are watching something they are facing you.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    Or they could do like the iPad, and have the orientation of the full screen match the accelerometer.
    So you can watch it in whatever position you like.

    Maybe someone can make a patch.
    I got rid of my ipad about 6 months ago, but from what I remember video only played in landscape mode. They may have changed that in an update.
  9. #9  
    Yea it's kind of frustrating that it doesn't work in any orientation. I'm still using an iPad case because there are no TouchPad cases near me and I have to put the speakers out. Most features work just fine, but quite a few apps (video being one of them) refuses to work in that orientation.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I got rid of my ipad about 6 months ago, but from what I remember video only played in landscape mode. They may have changed that in an update.
    Video has played portrait and landscape on every player I've used since the iPad came out.

    (Yes I own both, iPad and TouchPad)

    I am far from an iOS ****** (the iPad was a gift), in fact any of my friends will tell you how much of webOS ****** I am.
    But this is a basic function that I would love to see corrected.

    Example: If you’re laying down and rest the pad on your stomach, it muffles the speakers cause they HAVE to be facing down.

    -Edit-

    <<staff edit>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/12/2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: posting around language filters
  11. #11  
    the HP case allows for low angle stand position for either landscape position, speakers in or speakers out.

    But, Flash is only viewable in the speakers in (down)
    I see pandas.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    the HP case allows for low angle stand position for either landscape position, speakers in or speakers out.

    But, Flash is only viewable in the speakers in (down)
    Right.

    I wanted to watch full screen flash while holding the TP on my stomach while laying down. It's extremely cumbersome with the case on. Not to mention the speakers are now muffled on my gut, since I can't have them aim up.

    Bad design.
    Should be easy to patch.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  13. #13  
    Heh, had not tried viewing movie in prone position yet.

    There's (soon to be) a patch for that.
    I see pandas.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    the HP case allows for low angle stand position for either landscape position, speakers in or speakers out.

    But, Flash is only viewable in the speakers in (down)
    it allows for both, but is clearly designed for speakers-in, and the case manual confirms that.
  15. #15  
    I dont care about speaker orientation. It should be my choice. Let me rotate the screen the way I want. Its ok if I dont get full screen flash in portrait, but I want both landscape orientations available to my choosing.

    And how about the emulator, thats ridiculous. That should definitely rotate in every direction so I don't look like such a loser when I am trying to show someone my touchpad.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  16. #16  
    Actually the volume button is also quite poorly placed if you ask me. If you point the speakers down then they get muffled. But if you point the speakers up, as they should be, then you end up with the volume button getting accidently pressed by being on the bottom.
    The speakers should have been on the side where the volume button is and the volume button should have been on the same side as the power button.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Why does flash full screen force screen orientation that doesnt work with the case's stand?
    Works fine with mine... I don't understand how you could have it upside down unless you put it in the case backwards? The speakers should be pointing towards you, not away from you. If you look at the user manual that came with the case, there are only two supported positions and they both result in speakers facing downward/towards you.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Works fine with mine... I don't understand how you could have it upside down unless you put it in the case backwards? The speakers should be pointing towards you, not away from you. If you look at the user manual that came with the case, there are only two supported positions and they both result in speakers facing downward/towards you.
    The point is not where the speakers "should" be pointing. If I want the speakers pointing away from me then that's my choice, and the screen should rotate accordingly. There are people who actually want to see videos full screen while they have their TouchPads on their desk in the slightly elevated for typing mode, not the picture slideshow mode that you are referring to as "works fine"

    I didn't need to read the manual for a case that is either opened, closed, set slightly elevated (where the speakers face away from you, thank you) and your favorite, picture slideshow mode where you get to have the device tell you what orientation you should be watching a flash video in.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  19. #19  
    I understand that the video should play in either orientation and I also understand that you can hold, hang, throw, or even stand on the device if you so choose, however the title of the thread is:

    "Flash hates the official case"

    And the original post was:

    "Why does flash full screen force screen orientation that doesnt work with the case's stand? "

    My point is that flash full screen works just fine with the case *as the case was designed to be used*. Saying that it doesn't is quite misleading, especially when you're using the case in a way that it was not designed to be used. Of course you can use it that way if you *want*. I can drive a Prius through deep mud if I choose too, doesn't mean I should go around on Internet forums and complain that it got stuck. It wasn't designed for that position, period. I agree the video should play either way (obviously), but it has nothing to do at all with the case (Or even Flash for that matter, all full screen video on the TouchPad is one orientation only). That's all I'm saying.

    -Jeremy
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I understand that the video should play in either orientation and I also understand that you can hold, hang, throw, or even stand on the device if you so choose, however the title of the thread is:

    "Flash hates the official case"

    And the original post was:

    "Why does flash full screen force screen orientation that doesnt work with the case's stand? "

    My point is that flash full screen works just fine with the case *as the case was designed to be used*. Saying that it doesn't is quite misleading, especially when you're using the case in a way that it was not designed to be used. Of course you can use it that way if you *want*. I can drive a Prius through deep mud if I choose too, doesn't mean I should go around on Internet forums and complain that it got stuck. It wasn't designed for that position, period. I agree the video should play either way (obviously), but it has nothing to do at all with the case (Or even Flash for that matter, all full screen video on the TouchPad is one orientation only). That's all I'm saying.

    -Jeremy
    Agreed. This really has nothing to do with the case since it (the case) works with the speakers going in either direction.

    Maybe make a new thread about wanting full screen rotation and we will have a decent topic.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions