1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to tether a TP to a Pre for on-the-road use? If the TP can connect via bluetooth...is there a way to have i-net access via the bluetooth connection to a Pre 1.4.5?

I'd love to get the TP...but I am frequently in areas without wi-fi service...but if I can use my phone as the wi-fi connection that would work great.

cps
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i use my TP with FreeTether just fine
    I bought my TP before leaving on a 5 hour roadtrip. FreeTether supplied me with my wifi needs the whole time.
  4. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    pre minus mounted on a touchstone, turns my truck into an awesome mobile hotspot for the tPad and whatever needs to hit the internet ;-)
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yep, tethering works rather well with my Pre- as well. The tethering drains the Pre battery faster than a speeding bullet. If you're going to tether for a lengthy time, make sure to keep the Pre in a charger.

Use the app called FreeTether on your Pre to set it up. It will create a wifi connection you can find and connect with the TPad.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Slightly off topic, but I'm one of those guys who purchased a $39.99 Pixi Plus (no contract) and activate it only when I need a wifi hotspot (of course I end up using the phone for a few extra days too). Verizon gives you 5GB/mo tethering for free.

I try to explain this to people who are paying $34/mo ($50 for 5GB?!?) for a mifi, but they just don't get it. I suppose you are losing phone capability during this time... But still.

Works great for the TP!
    Last edited by karsten614; 07/11/2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: bring it back to the topic
    the answer to the OP question is no. You can't do that.
    That's AWESOME news! Considering it's widely known that Bell Mobility's CDMA data tracking is borked. I just checked today, (billing cycle ends on 15th) & it said I've used 12MB so far this month! If I ever needed a reason to not get a Pre 3, that may be it
    I've used my Pre's hotspot capability to do this with me TP a few times just fine. I just hate doing it because it kills my battery on my Pre, obviously.