Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    When I'm on my desktop, I often open lots of links in tabs -- for example, threads within the forum -- then I zip through each tab as they come. I tried this on my Touchpad, but the card stops loading, if I jump back to different one. I get not wanting unattended javascript running in the background, but I'd like to see some middle ground to it. Anyone else, or is it just me?
    You are not alone - open in background should be an option.
    I think there was a patch for that on the phone, so hopefully something like that will show up soon. I wish I knew why HP decided I wouldn't want them to always load in the background.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'd really like it if we could use tabs in a browser card, but that'll probably webOS 3.5

Right now, I'd like it to zoom out to card view, show the new page slide up, and then zoom me back into the card I was on before automatically. That way I'm sure the card is there and, if I want, I could stop it from zooming back in to organize my cards.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    I agree with OP, it's something I'd like to see,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    Anyone else want background loading of web cards?
    Absolutely. Why wouldn't anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wish I knew why HP decided I wouldn't want them to always load in the background.
    Exactly my thoughts. But then again, the list of things that I do not understand about HP's take on webOS just keeps getting longer and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think there was a patch for that on the phone, so hopefully something like that will show up soon.
    I sure hope this patch appears soon. I am sure it will be one of the more popular patches.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I don't think it was a patch on the phones. I think it did it by default but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I don't think it was a patch on the phones. I think it did it by default but I could be wrong.
    Actually that's what I thought too. I think this is just another step back in the long list of regressive changes in webOS 3.0. Hopefully the homebrew community will once again step up to the plate and make up for HP's error in judgement with a patch for this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    When I'm on my desktop, I often open lots of links in tabs -- for example, threads within the forum -- then I zip through each tab as they come. I tried this on my Touchpad, but the card stops loading, if I jump back to different one. I get not wanting unattended javascript running in the background, but I'd like to see some middle ground to it. Anyone else, or is it just me?
    Heck yes!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    +1 from me. Kinda expected behaviour in a 'true multitasking' OS, no?
    Sure, but Tabs would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de_great View Post
    Sure, but Tabs would be awesome.
    Personal preference, from using tabs on my Android phone, is that cards are better than tabs. YMMV.
    but the option should be there. Some like 10 Web Cards, others like 10 Tabs (1 Card). The more versatile the more users it will appeal to. I am just so FireFox happy that Tabs are burnt into my brain :-)
    I would also like the option to allow movies to keep playing when minimized or at least the audio should I change to another card like SMS, email, browser or whatever. The movies side loaded on my TouchPad, I've already seen and like my desktop there isn't a reason to pause every time I jump to another app or card.
    I was just noticing this also. I do the same opening a ton of pages and going back after they have loaded.
    The patch of what people are speaking of doesn't work very well on 2.X devices. And I've noticed sometimes when the cards are loading in the background when I switch back it flash's blank.

The web browser needs to be overhauled. I suspect the "Too many cards open" error caused Palm to do this dirty fix.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Good news:
    Metaview just released an app doing loading of pages in background.
    It should be in Preware soon.
    I think he called it offlinebrowser.
    the Answer is no. No one wants this feature... *sarcasm*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast