Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree125Likes
    Can the unthrottle download be removed without removing the other patches? yes I'm a noob lol., and same question for uberkernal.
    GodShapedHole likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    After reading this article The HP TouchPad homebrew community is already alive and well | ZDNet,
    I installed the Preware app on my HP TOUCHPAD and installed a couple of patches available from the Homebrew community..

1. Faster Card Animations Hyper Version
    2. Increase Tocuh Sensitivity and Smoothness
    3. Muffle System Logging
    4. Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    5. Unthrottle Download Manager

To my surprise, my HP TOUCHPAD is screaming fast now. I hope somebody can validate this other than me.

Thanks to Preware and the homebrew community!! More power to you guys!
    awesome, my touchpad much faster now. Thank u
    Funny thing is that these same changes made an even bigger change on my Pre 2!
    Last edited by rudsaki; 10/09/2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: remove quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Can the unthrottle download be removed without removing the other patches? yes I'm a noob lol., and same question for uberkernal.
    Yes it can be removed. I believe all of the patches discussed in this thread are completely independant. Generally a patch will say if it depends on another patch to function.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Anyone's keyboard still laggy when opening/closing/typing after installing the patches and OCing?
    My keyboard works great probably 98% of the time, the 2% is when I'm sitting at my desk, absolutely surrounded by 2.4Ghz wireless devices - cordless phones, WiFi devices, several bluetooth devices, 3 monitors, 2 CPUs, and more.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I do not see any of these listed in my Patches category, there only 13 patches listed. Am I missing a feed or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackgtf View Post
    I do not see any of these listed in my Patches category, there only 13 patches listed. Am I missing a feed or something?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...them-here.html

The only patches that will show are the ones that are compatiable with the current SW version. Wait for them...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...them-here.html

The only patches that will show are the ones that are compatiable with the current SW version. Wait for them...
    I thought about that just after I posted, wow do I feel dumb. Thanks for kind the reply!
    This patch is pretty useless on HP Veer, cannot see any improvements on scrolling/touching ...
    I can't install Increase Tocuh Sensitivity and Smoothness on my palm pre 3! hix
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if there's a difference between the "Increase touch sensitivity" patch and "Buttah"? I've tried them both, and honestly the increase touch sensitivity seemed to work better. But is that just my imagination?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    jalaed, did you just put it on your touchpad today..or has it been a couple days? have you noticed any hicups or anything?? if you dont get a chance to make a video..can you at least post some general loading times?? for instance, facebook usually takes 2 light flashes (dont know how else to put it hah) so roughly 2 seconds. adobe takes 3 flashes. quick office took 5 flashes on mine.. so if you cud jus test a few apps out and let us know. thanks in advance!

i want to homebrew my touchpad really badly, but im kind of hesitant for some reason. ive had my pre homebrewed ever since homebrew started...
    facebook 1
    office 5
    adobe 3
    cam 1
    web 2
    1.8ghz
    with all "suggested speed patches"
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314