Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Also, is there a way to see what is in the log files? They get tar'd with a blowfish SSL key.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Do we have to re ##LOGS# after the 3.02 update? All my patches reinstalled fine but that was a manual step.
    I have confirmed that after an update you DO have to ##LOGS# again to reset them back to minimal.

You can also get to theses options thru Device Info | Device Menu pull down | Diagnostics | Diagnostics Menu pull down | Collect Logs
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    I have confirmed that after an update you DO have to ##LOGS# again to reset them back to minimal.

You can also get to theses options thru Device Info | Device Menu pull down | Diagnostics | Diagnostics Menu pull down | Collect Logs
    Hi there, I follow your instructions, set the log to minimal, and Youtube now just show black screen. Video from FoxNews also just have black screen.
    Video from Hulu, CNN and some other video using flash are working fine.

Notice that it is not faster at all. Doesn Max Blocker has something to do with the Youtube? Thanks much.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The logs have nothing to do with what the video player will or won't play.

If you are not noticing any difference after shutting off the logs, something else is wrong. You should notice quite a difference after following the directions in POST #37
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Hi there, I follow your instructions, set the log to minimal, and Youtube now just show black screen. Video from FoxNews also just have black screen.
    Video from Hulu, CNN and some other video using flash are working fine.

Notice that it is not faster at all. Doesn Max Blocker has something to do with the Youtube? Thanks much.
    Got all these patches on and uber kernel and my touchpad is screaming, it's pretty much replaced my laptop. One question though, what does make it so actually do? I can't fine the answer for the life of me
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=rmausser;3026443]I am the creator of this patch.

I made a "fat fingers" edition for those of you south of the canadian border that might have had their combos super sized one too many times.

:P

I will put it in the Preware feeds soon. I have very skinny muscley fingers from too many beaver fights and canoe trips so I cant tell the difference. Please let me know if its better.

Makes tap radius 15px, not 8.

------------------------

I didn't find the 15px ver in preware... I only see the plain one and the "10" ver. The plain one doesn't say what it is, and the 10 says its not 8 or 15. Can you clarify how to find the "fat fingers" one?

ps. Great work on these. I love homebrew
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I used the phone app, where it connected to skype, but can't dial ##LOGS# since it states i need a phone paired. Sorry, I don't understand how you can turn logging off why using skype to dial or do i need a palm phone?

Any help would be great.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrapp View Post
    I used the phone app, where it connected to skype, but can't dial ##LOGS# since it states i need a phone paired. Sorry, I don't understand how you can turn logging off why using skype to dial or do i need a palm phone?

Any help would be great.
    You should be able to open the phone dial pad and type ##logs#, then connect button. System logs should appear. Don't connect to Skype.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    My phone app has a keypad(top left corner)...dialed ##logs# and hit dial and it brought me to the screen to change the logging. No phone paired.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    From there "change logging levels" will be the bottom option.
    Here's my poorly shot (too lazy to fix it) comparison of the changes suggested in this thread versus a stock 16GB Touchpad.

Thing that sucks is that all of the enyo apps still blow hardcore even after most of these changes. I can play GL games on this thing freaking awesome, but can't do the basics, because the apps are too f*d.
    Now install the Uberkernal overclock patch and see what beyond screaming fast is like.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    1) Start the Phone app on the TouchPad, dial ##LOGS#, clear logs and set to minimal logging.

2) Fire up Preware, navigate to Available Other > All and install EOM Overlord Monitoring. This kills the processes that uploads log files to Palm. This also saves on unnecessary bandwidth being consumed without your knowledge.

3) Patches

* Make It So (of course, you need this patch)
    * Muffle System Logging
    * Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    * Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    * Unthrottle Download Manager
    * Quiet powerd Messages
    * Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    * Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10 (this is the 10px version)

4) For extra points, also install the following patches

* Max Blocker (ad and analytics cookies blocker)
    * Private Browsing
    Is there anywhere to see what each one of these patches does? I'm wanting to make the system faster, but a friend I'm doing it for on their device doesn't want me to overclock the cpu to 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by foladar View Post
    Is there anywhere to see what each one of these patches does? I'm wanting to make the system faster, but a friend I'm doing it for on their device doesn't want me to overclock the cpu to 1.5ghz.
    The only way it will get overclocked is if you:

Install Uberkernel + Govnah
    Open Govnah and change the profile from palm default to 'OnDemand 1512'

Also, overclocking it to 1.5 Ghz is very safe, and since it uses on-demand scaling the CPU clock doesn't hit 1.5Ghz unless there's apps running hard enough to get the CPU up to that speed, so it spends very very little time above 1.2 even if the overclocking profile is enabled.

None of the patches mentioned in the post you quoted do any kind of overclocking. More details about the patches are available at http://patches.webos-internals.org/

-Jeremy
    Last edited by irwinr12; 08/26/2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks, just curious what each one did in case it didn't effect her usage of the Touchpad. I saw that later about the 1.5Ghz being Uberkernel in the other thread. Boards are definitely flying with lots of newbies like myself.

edit: anywhere to see the patch(es) in action? Like "Make It So" does it just change Just type .. into Make it so .. ?

edit2: and somewhere to read up on "Unset CFQ IO Scheduler"? Everything else applies to her usage, though.
    edit: anywhere to see the patch(es) in action? Like "Make It So" does it just change Just type .. into Make it so .. ?
    That's all it does, I asked about this earlier in the thread and codecrumb confirmed.

edit2: and somewhere to read up on "Unset CFQ IO Scheduler"? Everything else applies to her usage, though.
    It just does what it says. It's hard coded by default to use CFQ. CFQ is ideal for machines with regular disk based hard drives. For machines with SSDs though (Like the TouchPad), sometimes other I/O schedulers work better, like noop for instance.

Installing the Unset CFQ patch doesn't really *change* the I/O scheduler, just unsets it from the hard coded config, so that you can change it with utilities like Govnah.

-Jeremy
    I haven't overclocked yet, mostly because I would like to see how this is stock speeds. But I've done a lot of the patches mention, along w/ uber (oh how I missed thee, heh). Certainly a noticable change, but scrolling for me is still very jittery it seems =/

is this basically webOS right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    I haven't overclocked yet, mostly because I would like to see how this is stock speeds. But I've done a lot of the patches mention, along w/ uber (oh how I missed thee, heh). Certainly a noticable change, but scrolling for me is still very jittery it seems =/

is this basically webOS right now?
    seems to be. Scrolling in Enyo apps sucks. A sometimes extremely long delay between having an app hit the display, and the app actually starting to respond to input, also sucks pretty hardcore. Load times are terrible. Other than that, the devices are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    seems to be. Scrolling in Enyo apps sucks. A sometimes extremely long delay between having an app hit the display, and the app actually starting to respond to input, also sucks pretty hardcore. Load times are terrible. Other than that, the devices are fantastic.
    I noticed the hp app catalog app is painfully slow at times. not just loading different screens, but just by scrolling through descriptions and reviews (and sometimes it doesn't fully load the review list). So is the music player... I want my Remix =(