Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Same here for Quiet powerd Messages and Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10. Can't update or remove! Yes I only waited a few hours to install the update last night, and it's still in the 24 hour period so I understand.

Nevertheless, there should be a course of action for resolving this (and letting 3.0.0 people know to remove these patches before updating). Just my 2 cents.
    Before you installed the patches in the first place you should have read the countless threads warning you of possible hiccups.
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    Before you installed the patches in the first place you should have read the countless threads warning you of possible hiccups.
    First off, I am aware of hiccups that can happen - being a webOS user for over 2 years, I'm fully aware of this. That is why I didn't go create some hate-thread or anything. In fact, I didn't even blame anybody for it, and said that I understood the consequences.

I was simply (and nicely) trying to see if there was in fact an intermediate possible "fix" before a visit to the doctor.

Also, I believe you're trying to say before I installed this update (in the 24-hour period)... not the patches. I removed the only theme (Glass Suite) I had, and decided to go for it.
    First off, I am aware of hiccups that can happen - being a webOS user for over 2 years, I'm fully aware of this. That is why I didn't go create some hate-thread or anything. In fact, I didn't even blame anybody for it, and said that I understood the consequences.

I was simply (and nicely) trying to see if there was in fact an intermediate possible "fix" before a visit to the doctor.

Also, I believe you're trying to say before I installed this update (in the 24-hour period)... not the patches. I removed the only theme (Glass Suite) I had, and decided to go for it.
    ..only it didn't come off as "nicely" as you think. It essentially read, "hurry up and fix this." It came off as though you think you're entitled to something, when if you'd read the two posts immediately prior to yours, you'd have realized what the status is. These guys are doing us all a favor. Sounded pretty ungrateful to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    ..only it didn't come off as "nicely" as you think. It essentially read, "hurry up and fix this." It came off as though you think you're entitled to something, when if you'd read the two posts immediately prior to yours, you'd have realized what the status is. These guys are doing us all a favor. Sounded pretty ungrateful to me.
    My apologies then, to anyone reading this and to webOS-Internals. I had hurriedly typed the post and (as said) did not mean to 'blame' anyone or convey that I had any 'expectations' about my experiences. I took full responsibility for my actions.

That said, if anything turns up to resolve the issue (aside from Doctor, which I'll do if really needed), I look forward to performing that. Also, I have yet to hear anything come out about any patches that need to be removed - an issue I apparently stumbled upon. This was meant to get that knowledge out there.
    kamaru, RoverNole and danved like this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My apologies then, to anyone reading this and to webOS-Internals. I had hurriedly typed the post and (as said) did not mean to 'blame' anyone or convey that I had any 'expectations' about my experiences. I took full responsibility for my actions.
    Thank you. I think this is one of the most adult posts I've seen on any forum anywhere.
    cawhalen, Weaser999 and danved like this.
    Anyone heard anything on the status of the new WebOS Internals packages from Rod? Its been 24+ hours since the update. Not that I'm trying to rush them or am unappreciative. I just want to download the new update, once I get the lo-down on how to install the patches, etc. Been watching them on twitter but no specifics on this. Thanks.
    All for One and One for All!
    Everything is all set up. Make the jump to 3.0.2 and you can get your patches, kernels, etc. all up and running.
    A couple of these patches got updated!

I just updated it through WOQI!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Anyone heard anything on the status of the new WebOS Internals packages from Rod? Its been 24+ hours since the update. Not that I'm trying to rush them or am unappreciative. I just want to download the new update, once I get the lo-down on how to install the patches, etc. Been watching them on twitter but no specifics on this. Thanks.
    Perhaps you missed this one: https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...86313916211200

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    Thanks Rod. Yes, I missed it because it came out so early. I just looked at the later afternoon tweets. As usual, job well done.
    All for One and One for All!
    My patches and kernel are updated. The kernel has even been rebuilt with real 3.0.2 sources instead of 3.0.0.

As noted multiple times, I share these patches as a result of what I use. Therefore, there should be no expectation of support.

OTOH, I am happy to bill for support requests =)
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    max blocker refuses to update/delete for me. Getting a "1 out of 1 hunk failed" error.
    BTW, those using the warthog kernel for the TouchPad *NEED* to (re)install the Unset CFQ IO Scheduler patch.

Palm forces cfq if you do not do this.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    I haven't messed with kernals yet. I did remove all patches before the update though.

it's good to see 28 patches and counting!

I am liking this more and more. Still stops responding for a few seconds at times tho.. Fav' update is the music app. Looks better.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I am the creator of this patch.

I made a "fat fingers" edition for those of you south of the canadian border that might have had their combos super sized one too many times.

:P
    just woke my wife up from laughing out loud. This was FUNNY and oh so true. Good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    I'm glad people like the logging patches as they do make a significant difference. The following is what I would recommend to have installed/configured for webOS 3.x

1) Start the Phone app on the TouchPad, dial ##LOGS#, clear logs and set to minimal logging.

2) Fire up Preware, navigate to Available Other > All and install EOM Overlord Monitoring. This kills the processes that uploads log files to Palm. This also saves on unnecessary bandwidth being consumed without your knowledge.

3) Patches

* Make It So (of course, you need this patch)
    * Muffle System Logging
    * Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    * Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    * Unthrottle Download Manager
    * Quiet powerd Messages
    * Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    * Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10 (this is the 10px version)

4) For extra points, also install the following patches

* Max Blocker (ad and analytics cookies blocker)
    * Private Browsing

5) Lastly, browse to OpenSearch Entries and add a secure search engine to use instead.
    I am soooo friggin jealous about everyone being able to use Preware to make their TP work awesome, but I am such a noob that I haven't been able to figure out how to install the Preware to my TP to do all these things...can u help me PLEASE!
    erykah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemZ View Post
    I am soooo friggin jealous about everyone being able to use Preware to make their TP work awesome, but I am such a noob that I haven't been able to figure out how to install the Preware to my TP to do all these things...can u help me PLEASE!
    There's an app in the catalog called "Preware Homebrew" for $0.99 that will give you all the instructions you will need.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    There's an app in the catalog called "Preware Homebrew" for $0.99 that will give you all the instructions you will need.
    bluenote beat me to it. Download that app from the app catalog, and then if you need help with any of the specific instructions come back to the forums and start a thread asking for help with those specific instructions.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    bluenote beat me to it. Download that app from the app catalog, and then if you need help with any of the specific instructions come back to the forums and start a thread asking for help with those specific instructions.

-Jeremy
    Actually, the app has direct links to the appropriate forum threads for each section - no need to start a new thread as most questions are already answered in the existing threads.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Do we have to re ##LOGS# after the 3.02 update? All my patches reinstalled fine but that was a manual step.