Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Corpora
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The review I want to see is webOS vs. iOS vs. Android (Honeycomb). The specifics of any individual hardware model are of course relevant to a buyer BUT it is the OS that we interact with ALL of the time. The OS is the platform on which the ever-changing hardware models must rely.

I would like to see a review that highlights the superiority of webOS as a great platform for users, application developers, and hardware builders. webOS is not just a 'feature' - it is the true heart of the current TouchPad. It is the single factor that makes the TouchPad different than and superior to every other tablet on the market.

Many of the reviews mention webOS but sometimes just in passing. I do not remember a single review that is critical of it. Most negative reviews seem to focus on the hardware not having this or that spec or being too heavy or too thick or . . . Hardware specifics will constantly change - HP will add a camera to the back and build future models that are thinner, lighter, and different shapes. If HP licenses webOS to other hardware builders we will see even more variations.

The superiority of webOS as an OS for mobile devices deserves its own head to head review comparing it to the other platforms. webOS is what HP should be pushing and what the reviewers should be reviewing.
    "milominderbinder" to rescue
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    He is talking about OS comparatives, not devices.
    Newness Developments apps:

Maybe PhoneDog will do a dogfight soon. But I'd want to see iOS5 in the mix, not iOS4. Any of the disadvantages and frustrations from < iOS4 may be gone by then and if so, the advantage points of webOS or Android may seem less (esp notifications).
    Last edited by laoh; 07/10/2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    The review I want to see is webOS vs. iOS vs. Android (Honeycomb). The specifics of any individual hardware model are of course relevant to a buyer BUT it is the OS that we interact with ALL of the time. The OS is the platform on which the ever-changing hardware models must rely.

I would like to see a review that highlights the superiority of webOS as a great platform for users, application developers, and hardware builders. webOS is not just a 'feature' - it is the true heart of the current TouchPad. It is the single factor that makes the TouchPad different than and superior to every other tablet on the market.

Many of the reviews mention webOS but sometimes just in passing. I do not remember a single review that is critical of it. Most negative reviews seem to focus on the hardware not having this or that spec or being too heavy or too thick or . . . Hardware specifics will constantly change - HP will add a camera to the back and build future models that are thinner, lighter, and different shapes. If HP licenses webOS to other hardware builders we will see even more variations.

The superiority of webOS as an OS for mobile devices deserves its own head to head review comparing it to the other platforms. webOS is what HP should be pushing and what the reviewers should be reviewing.
    webOS is only as functional as the hardware that it's on. For a good device, you need both good hardware and good software. Neither of them are more important than the other. Just look at the frustrations of owning an original Pre- as proof.
    susanoo26 likes this.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I actually started trying to do such a thing, based on 'phone' versions, not tablets so far

Part 1 is iOS, webOS, Android user interfaces
    part 2 iOS, webOS, Android apps, homebrew and hacks here.