Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchPad_Owner_Andrew View Post
    Ad embargo lifts on 7/17 (print) and OTA is 7/25.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Source?
    The AD Embargo is printed right on the TouchPad spec sheet. I can't name my source on the OTA Update. I trust it. You'll trust it soon. Sorry I can't say more.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    The AD Embargo is printed right on the TouchPad spec sheet. I can't name my source on the OTA Update. I trust it. You'll trust it soon. Sorry I can't say more.
    Bookmarked, I'll bump it later if you're right
    I don't know why, but I believe him.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I'm from Missouri in this case
    That's true about advertising during the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family Channel. I think they should have had Russel Brand pull out a wand @ the end of the 'electric/robot butler' ad and say, "Nevermind, I've got this...OSTRICH LEVIOSA!"

the HP fans (and I don't mean Hewlett Packard) would have loved it! That reminds me, going to the midnight premiere Thursday night! Oops, drifting off topic... I blame nargyles.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I saw a commercial this evening with pacquaio holding a touchpad in front of his face, just like the veer ad.
    Last edited by strykr; 07/11/2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I saw a commercial this evening with pacquaio holding a touchpad in front of his face, just like the veer ad.
    So let's tally up what we've seen on TV so far. 2 Veer commercials (Manny and Miranda), and at least 2 Touchpad commercials (Manny, and Russell with his Ostrich problem). Any others?

I'm interested to see what will happen with the amount of advertising after the OTA comes out...will it really change that much?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Over the weekend I saw 1 HP ad maybe 2 for the Touchpad on ABC Family.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    big mistake to be running ads now. So many bugs and missing features, theres no way I could recommend the TouchPad as is, it's onky the promise of future improvements that makes it worthwhile even for evangelists. Anyone who just learned about the TP from commercial is going to be tremendously disappointed when they go about using it. And it pains me to admit that.

fix the bugs, get document editing, Kindle & movies and it's an excellent device. Before then any ad HP runs is doing more harm than good.
    I think I can confidently say that most tablet owners probably don't use their tablets for much document editing. Rather it's for media consumption, like websurfing, listening to music, watching movies, playing games, emailing. Only those using tablets for work (which is still rare) would notice the bugs in things the average user doesn't really concern themselves with.
    aharmsworth likes this.
    You may want to sit that "source" down and give him a big slap upside the head.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    You may want to sit that "source" down and give him a big slap upside the head.
    mcbr and graylion like this.
    I lol'd!
    I agree with an earlier reply. HP is doing some TP advertising, but seems to be holding back on full push... Probably because OTA Update for 7/31 will be MIA. Don't be surprised to hear "horse hockey" like... "we want to get it right... Coming by Q4" or some other phrasing to cover for botched launch and HP/Palm inability to finish something they start. Also be prepared to again hear them use word "potential" again in regard to webOS and related devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnolan1087 View Post
    I agree with an earlier reply. HP is doing some TP advertising, but seems to be holding back on full push... Probably because OTA Update for 7/31 will be MIA. Don't be surprised to hear "horse hockey" like... "we want to get it right... Coming by Q4" or some other phrasing to cover for botched launch and HP/Palm inability to finish something they start. Also be prepared to again hear them use word "potential" again in regard to webOS and related devices.
    Makes no sense.
    1) They delivered so far on their dates: Movie Store, third party music service, Amazon Kindle.
    2) They delivered on units in stores for soft launch (Amazon, BestBuy etc)
    and
    3) official launch last week with commercials, other marketing items etc

They said OTA "by the end of the month". So like it or not, we have until Sun night. My hunch is on Thursday July 28th.
    You're a much more charitable, forgiving and believing.person than a lot of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnolan1087 View Post
    You're a much more charitable, forgiving and believing.person than a lot of us.
    You mean less of a ?

Anyway. I fully believe HP will deliver on their promise.
    Another person with "inside sources" bites the dust. Someone should compile a list dating all the way back to "Jackson" and the "C40."
    richardtank likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    There is advertising. Today's USA Today had a few full page ads today & had 4 near half page ads yesterday. I haven't seen anything newer on TV than the Glee girl ad, but I have seen more ads on tv than I did in the past.
    The advertising on ESPN's home page is very nice. Gets my attention every time.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast