Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mknapp
  1. mknapp's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #1  
    I found the advanced app switching gesture on the Pre to be very useful. Much better than minimize-swipe-tap every time.

    I'd love to see this gesture return to the TouchPad. There's no gesture area, but like the swipe up to minimize an application you could use a swipe in from the side to trigger the app switching.

    You could have these three gestures:
    • Swipe up from bottom to minimize app to card

    • Swipe in from the left to switch to the card to the left

    • Swipe in from the right to switch to the card to the right


    Anyone else think that would be useful?

    -Mark
    StuntmanMark likes this.
  2. #2  
    +1... Definitely one of my favorite abilities of the Pre and I wish they would have included it on the touchpad. Hopefully they add it in through an update or maybe a patch down the road.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mknapp View Post
    I found the advanced app switching gesture on the Pre to be very useful. Much better than minimize-swipe-tap every time.

    I'd love to see this gesture return to the TouchPad. There's no gesture area, but like the swipe up to minimize an application you could use a swipe in from the side to trigger the app switching.

    You could have these three gestures:
    • Swipe up from bottom to minimize app to card

    • Swipe in from the left to switch to the card to the left

    • Swipe in from the right to switch to the card to the right


    Anyone else think that would be useful?

    -Mark
    Yes, they can easily implement this function using the same technique for the upswipe. Also, in one of the 3.0 SDK leaks, the video showed the apps switching in full screen so I think the advanced gesture is hidden in there somewhere. :-)
  4. #4  
    I hope either HP or a HB dev can give us 2 finger gestures like a forward and back swipe as well as 2 finger swipe up to top of page and 2 finger swipe down to bottom of page. Or how about 2 finger pinch for mini card view. Or 3 finger swipe up in card view to close all apps except center app.

    just a few suggestions.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  5. #5  
    Bump.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I hope either HP or a HB dev can give us 2 finger gestures like a forward and back swipe as well as 2 finger swipe up to top of page and 2 finger swipe down to bottom of page. Or how about 2 finger pinch for mini card view. Or 3 finger swipe up in card view to close all apps except center app.

    just a few suggestions.
    a pinch gesture on the homescreen should definately bring up a mini card view.

    HP should expand on the one pixel border idea. one finger swipes from the side should mimic the back gesture. two finger swipes from the side should switch apps. and they should bring the wave launcher back with a upward swipe and hold. a new and improved wave launcher similar to the one on android perhaps...but better.
  7. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #7  
    I love those app switching gestures, its what I had in mind as well.
    I want to also add a "widgetizing" gesture.... For example if ure in card view and pinch the app it turns it in to a widget!
    then simply drag it and post it anywhere on the screen!!

    I think it would be so awesome for weather and stock apps and even Twitter apps.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mknapp View Post
    Swipe up from bottom to minimize app to card
    They already have this one. They also have 2 finger swipe up from bottom to go straight from app to launcher.

    Wonder if homebrew could find a way to patch to add in the right and left edge swipe to app switch???
  9. #9  
    I dont want any multi-finger gestures, I want it to be just like the phone.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I dont want any multi-finger gestures, I want it to be just like the phone.
    thats the thing, there's no reason something like this can't be customize-able. if you don't want multitouch gestures, you wouldn't have to use them.
  11. adam7425's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #11  
    Definitely!! The fullscreen app switching gesture is my most favorite gesture on my OG Pre. Love to show it off to my friends and it is the one thing I miss most on my touchpad. I think the best thing to do would be like mknapp said..to swipe in from the borders or perhaps to use a 3 or 4 finger swipe left or right. As always Thank You webOS Internals, Jason and all who work tirelessly for the development of this platform.
  12. #12  
    multi touch gestures can be a royal pain in the *** if your device is at an angle. I was just trying to do the "two finger swipe up" that was mentioned earlier as "being already there" (it's not, afaict), and trying to do that was just awkward. the single flick upwards with a finger nail is super easy, and leads right into card control, though.

    But, yeah, for sure, the card control could be expanded upon with some awesome effect.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13. #13  
    +1
    All for the Advanced App Switching Gesture. In fact all for more gestures on TP in general.
  14. #14  
    I agree I have really missed the app switching gesture.

Posting Permissions