Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By kayphoonstar
  • 1 Post By jaltman
  • 4 Post By gabailey1
  1.    #1  
    when using Log me in to control another PC, I cannot type on the remote PC since I cannot get the keyboard to appear.

Any idea how to FORCE the keyboard open?
    I see pandas.
    Bluetooth keyboard works.
    kill_dano likes this.
    Perhaps you could open the windows vkb on the remote machine.
    So other than the virtual keyboard issue, log me in works? I need to be able to use log me in for work if possible but didn't know it would work. If it does work but only with a bluetooth keyboard, then I'd be willing to get one.

I just got my TouchPad yesterday and love it. Don't really need it at the office but I discovered the ability to select one of my photo albums I loaded and set it on slideshow so I can enjoy favorite pics while I work! And the blink notifications alert me to an incoming email which is helpful, too. My pre plus also helps for that.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Perhaps there is a patch possibility out there for a "lock the keybord open" along side the lock the screen rotation option. I been able to use google docs and type a document. The keyboard opens on a first tap in a document, but if you close it, it can't be reopened without closing and reopening the document.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Or even just a simple patch for a series of presses to the home button to launch the keyboard? Ie double or triple taps? Or bringing up the keyboard via a custom swipe? Two finger swipe up brings up the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I second the motion for a gesture to open the virtual keyboard. Thanks.
    I third that motion!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    that would be cool if we can start a Xterm session with no keyboard and then force a keyboard on (whilst it is needed) type amd then hide it again whilst Xterm maintaining Fullscreen.
    make this happen
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am all for a patch for this too. I really need to learn to code this stuff myself...
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    there Is a new patch in preware that does exactly this. Adds a keyboard toggle button to ur browser. Wrks gr8! Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabailey1 View Post
    Or even just a simple patch for a series of presses to the home button to launch the keyboard? Ie double or triple taps? Or bringing up the keyboard via a custom swipe? Two finger swipe up brings up the keyboard?
    I concur! Gestures with the home button to activate and deactivate the keyboard regardless of the open program is something I'd like!