Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By speedtouch
  • 1 Post By bobsentell
  • 1 Post By RoverNole
  1.    #1  
    Thanks to WindyCityPre, I purchased a 32GB TouchPad for $549.99. See here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...pad-550-a.html

Thanks to Tooearly, we know that the Griffin Folio - Black Leather case from Verizonwireless.com is "made for the TouchPad, more so than the ipad 1." See here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...1-cases-2.html This case can be had from Verizonwireless.com for $6.98 + tax + free ship when you use promo code CASE30 for a 30% discount at checkout. Buy here: Griffin Folio - Black Leather

Grand total (for me) $557.52.

Not bad! And, later I'll get the HP early adopter $50 rebate. Yes, I do realize the case is not Touchstone compatible. I just want something now that will protect my TouchPad. I'll worry about getting a Touchstone and official TouchPad case later when prices come down on those accessories.

Update: See post #4 for the latest. I just ordered an official TouchPad case and touchstone from Amazon for $101.38. Excluding the previous Griffin case, I got the TouchPad, official case, and touchstone for $651.37. Free ship and no tax on anything. Which is far, far less than what I would have paid for with the QVC deal. QVC would have charged $14 for shipping and over $50 for tax.

Then I get to take $50 off for the rebate. Sweet. $601.37 for the whole bundle isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by speedtouch; 07/10/2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to add VZW 30% promo code. Sorry!
    bevcraw and SmartFah like this.
    I got mine for "free".

If you are a RECENT college student that happens to be sitting on textbooks you will never use again (trust me; you will never crack them open), go to Amazon and click on "Trade-In". You can trade in all of your books and get an Amazon gift card. This process may take a few weeks, but at the end of it I was able to get a 16GB TP and case and didn't have to pay a dime.

Screencapture of my TouchPad in card view is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SmartFah likes this.
  3.    #3  
    That's a heck of a deal, Bobsentell. Good for you!

I updated my original post to include the required 30% promo code to get the case for $6.98. I forgot to include that when I posted last night. Sorry about that.
  4.    #4  
    I acted prematurely on the case. I should have scoured Amazon, where I just found the official HP case for $34. And, I found the touchstone for $66 on Amazon. Just placed an order for both.

Oh, if you have a student email address, sign up for 1-yr of Amazon Prime for free. Worked for me, I just signed up for it before purchasing the case and touchstone. Sign into your normal Amazon account first, then hit the Student link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/sig...bosnation0e-20

So, for a 32GB TouchPad, official case, and touchstone I paid $651.37. No taxes and free shipping all the way around. Which is far, far less than what I would have paid for with the QVC deal. Then I get to take $50 off for the rebate. Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I acted prematurely on the case. I should have scoured Amazon, where I just found the official HP case for $34. And, I found the touchstone for $66 on Amazon. Just placed an order for both.

Oh, if you have a student email address, sign up for 1-yr of Amazon Prime for free. Worked for me, I just signed up for it before purchasing the case and touchstone. Sign into your normal Amazon account first, then hit the Student link: Amazon Student

So, for a 32GB TouchPad, official case, and touchstone I paid $651.37. No taxes and free shipping all the way around. Which is far, far less than what I would have paid for with the QVC deal. Then I get to take $50 off for the rebate. Sweet.
    I think the biggest advantage to the QVC deal is payment installments for those who cant afford to drop $600+ at one time.
    emt981 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I think the biggest advantage to the QVC deal is payment installments for those who cant afford to drop $600+ at one time.
    Yeah, you're right. $600+ at one time is a lot of money, I agree completely.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    32Gb; touchstone; H-P case; + taxes & free next-business-day shipping: $575.90; Had them for almost two weeks now (yes, got them before the release date)

Giddy-up! :-)

Disappointed that the Pre3 isn't comign to Sprint. I'll have to do some digging internally to see what's up with that ... Perhaps what's being posted is premature ... One can only hope.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bzxzlg View Post
    32Gb; touchstone; H-P case; + taxes & free next-business-day shipping: $575.90; Had them for almost two weeks now (yes, got them before the release date)

Giddy-up! :-)

Disappointed that the Pre3 isn't comign to Sprint. I'll have to do some digging internally to see what's up with that ... Perhaps what's being posted is premature ... One can only hope.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! How did you do that?

I'm with you on the Sprint stuff. It's a true disappointment.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    For once, it pays to be employeed by the right company (and it's not GM this time) - as such, I'm not eligible for the "early adapter" rebate ...
    Last edited by bzxzlg; 07/10/2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo
    ---

Pressure is something you feel only if you don't know what you're doing.

- Chuck Noll
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bzxzlg View Post
    For once, it pays to be employeed by the right company (and it's not GM this time) - as such, I'm not eligible for the "early adapter" rebate ...
    Oh, ok. Well, then that's different. You got an inside deal that's not available to everyone. Now I don't feel cheated since the deal I got, which is a good one, is available to everyone.

I understand completely what you're saying when you say you're not eligible for the early adopter program. Good for you! Give us the inside scoop sometime...

Thank you for not being a bailout queen.
    just fyi, amazon charges you taxes, so you did not get "no taxes all around"
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Really? That's not what's on my sales receipt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Depends on the state. I live in Alabama and was not charged tax.
  14.    #14  
    So Amazon charges KY sales tax. That sucks...
  15.    #15  
    Just got my TP from the FedEx man. I can happily report DigitalEtc.com is a legit company! Whew.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Just got my TP from the FedEx man. I can happily report DigitalEtc.com is a legit company! Whew.
    Have you tested if the Griffin case from Verizon works as well with the touchstone as the official HP case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Have you tested if the Griffin case from Verizon works as well with the touchstone as the official HP case?
    I used Griffin and it came in handy. Its not as snug or as soft as the HP case. The HP case also charges while inside the case, I haven't tested with Griffin yet.

Griffin folds up to make a higher stand though.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I see Bluenote has tried the Griffin case and he says it's good. I have not tried my Griffin case since I have an official HP TouchPad case on the way. I'm going to try to sell the Griffin case off to some coworkers so I don't want to open it.

I really don't think you can charge using the Touchstone through the Griffin case. But who knows. I don't have a Touchstone to try with right now, anyhow.
    The Griffin case covers more of the device so for the $5 I paid for it, I could see taking it while I am traveling and don't want to pack the charger stand. Last time I traveled I forgot even to take the TouchPad charger but it did fine overnight on the pre charger.